Thought on an Avatar (The Airbender or Korra Era)

Started by cabalxxvi, August 03, 2014, 12:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cabalxxvi

Accepted Characters at this point are as follows.

ZephySempai
SheerFantasia
Midori Sadi
Downfall347
Saiyuri

I will posting the IC thread tomorrow and will work on the opening post, and my characters opening post, and will be on for about 6 hours to play. So don't be shy and join me. ;)

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

ZephySempai

Quote from: cabalxxvi on August 17, 2014, 08:01:50 AM
Accepted Characters at this point are as follows.

ZephySempai
SheerFantasia
Midori Sadi
Downfall347
Saiyuri

I will posting the IC thread tomorrow and will work on the opening post, and my characters opening post, and will be on for about 6 hours to play. So don't be shy and join me. ;)

Sounds like a plan. I eagerly await the new game!

Quote from: SheerFantasia on August 17, 2014, 06:21:36 AM
PROSPECTIVE FIREBENDER

Name - Asura Jinroh
Age - 25
Bender or Non Bender - Bender
Element - Fire
Nation - Fire Nation
Skill Level - Master Firebender
Occupation - Gangleader of the Azure Demons.

I love how he's the gangleader of the Azure Demons and my character's nickname during his time in the Dai Li was 'Azure'. Funky coincidence  ;)

xPeachyPuff

Might be interested. Need to do some reading when I get on the computer as I'm on my phone at the moment (:

- Rainbow

yasarra

Name – Ryuki Calida
Age - 21
Element - Water/Blood
Nation - Republic City (Originally from Kyoshi Island), recent
    arrival
Skill Level - Expert Waterbender/Apprentice Spirit Affinity
OccupationJack of All Trades/Artist/Road Scholar

Description - Ryuki is 21 years old with short, black hair and crisp, blue eyes, like the inside of a glacier.  She tends to dress in blue and black with a rather artistic flair.

Allegiance - None at the moment.

Song - Watch Me Shine

Personality – When she wants something, Ryuki is about as determined as the ocean eating away at a cliff.  Discouraged is not a word that has ever described her.  In spite of some of the things life has handed her in her travels, she maintains that if you look in the right place, you’ll find the rainbow after the rain.

She’s the one to grab a friend by the hand and say, “Get up and we’ll try again.”  However, she has a tendency to ramble on when she’s nervous, and she often worries more than she lets people see. 

Bio - Ryuki grew up on Kyoshi Island, the daughter of a Water Tribe historian and Kyoshi warrior. Her life was quiet, simple, learning the fighting style of the warriors while listening to her father's tales that he had picked up while traveling with the circus. Little did his father know that it would inspire wanderlust in the girl at the tender age of 16 and she would take off, seeking out the places that many of these stories had taken place for herself.

In five years, she did more traveling than most people would in a lifetime. She started at the Spirit Oasis, though only from a boat, where Kuruk lost his wife and forged Yue's destiny. From there, it was on to the ancient home of the Sun warriors. In Yue’s icy home in the north, she remained a year, studying the deeper philosophies of waterbending and bloodbending. 

Later, she walked upon the ashes of Roku's Island, making paintings of the remains of the homes that once stood there.  However, she never found the library in the desert mentioned in the stories of Aang and his friends.  But she did manage to take in the Firelight Fountain at Ba Sing Se, sharing her stories with a new friend she made there.

Ryuki's last stop on her self-imposed pilgrimage was Republic City, where she hoped to actually meet Avatar Korra and hear her story directly from her, but alas, she arrived too late. And worse, her savings were essentially spent.  Things might have gone more quickly, but odd jobs along the way to pay for her expenses slowed her down.

Stepping off the boat, she let her gaze drift, taking it all in.  The future loomed large in front of her, though she had no idea what it would hold.

cabalxxvi

All Accepted characters please make sure they are in the Character thread, here is a list of all accept characters.

ZephySempai
SheerFantasia
Midori Sadi
Downfall347
Saiyuri
Yasarra

cabalxxvi

I have updated, and added all the threads, and they should be linked in the first post of every thread. Please let me know if they don't.

As for the story, I am still seeking members. I want to have about 10 players before I stop the recruiting. So please feel free to contact me with any questions at all.

fliyenphoenix

I'm interested but since Korra, the extent of benders are as such.
fire benders,
combustion benders,
water benders,
blood benders,
swamp/plant benders,
earth benders,
metal benders,
sand benders,
lava benders,
air benders. I don't know if there will be more but how can we incorporate all of this? I know the categories of all these bending types. And id like to be a lava bender, which the basis of lava bending is earth bending.

cabalxxvi

If you are wanting to incorporate it, then you sure can incorporate it, I don't have an issue with you adding things to the game that should be there due to the series.

I don't understand how you want to bring it into the series.

fliyenphoenix

I want my character to be sorta like Toph. He discovered lava bending due to a dire circumstance in a small village. Basically. He is to be very weak in earthbending, and unable to metal bend. But he discovers his talent for lava bending. I'll make my character sheet by tonight.

Juggtacular

Name - Raisho Bei Fong
Age - 21
Element - Earth
Nation - Earth Nation
Skill Level - Master
Occupation - High Level Guild Fixer

Description - Raisho is six feet, three inches tall and well muscled from constant training and fighting since he was a child. He has a single, noticeable scar over his eye from a time when he was very arrogant. He overestimated his abilities and nearly lost his eye because of it. He's very handsome, with strong features and red eyes brought on by a genetic defect(a rare form of Albinism). A second result of this defect is silverish-white hair. It's a pain sometimes but it's definitely unique. However seeing his features is rare. Due to the illicit nature of his business, he tends to keep his face covered at all times. It's easy enough to cover his hair with a hood or even dye it. But once someone knows your face...well you need a spirit to change it.

Allegiance - Himself

Bio - Raisho is the illegitimate son of Toph Bei Fong. During her travels after stepping down as Chief of Police, someone slipped something in her drink. When she woke the next morning...well she knew what had happened. 9 months later she had a son with red eyes and silver hair. She loved him dearly just like Lin and Suyin, but she was so ashamed of the circumstances of his birth that she chose to hide him away. Unfortunately, she only got a few years with him.

During a trip they were ambushed by a band of Earthbenders who used superior numbers to keep Toph on the defensive. Eventually she got her footing, but during the fight Raisho was taken. After that Toph told her daughters where she'd been and to this day they still search for him. His mother was a free spirit and a slacker, but one thing she took seriously was training. Raisho thankfully inherited his mothers natural gifts, and had been trained since before he could walk. He put up a good fight, but there's only so much a child can do.

And as a child, it didn't take long for them to essentially brainwash him. From then on, he was trained to become a Fixer in the employ of "The Guild". A coalition of criminal groups working together to run the criminal underworld. Even as a child, Raisho's training was harsh and relentless. He was exposed to things no child should see and it made him hard and extremely professional. However, the training was a success and he had the best teachers money could buy.

Physical training that pushed his body beyond it's limits every day made him strong and fast. Mental and psychological conditioning made him loyal. As a child of Toph, he was a natural prodigy which meant no facet of Earthbending was beyond him. Sand, Metal, Lava, Earth Sense. The Guild made sure he learned everything they could teach, and by the time he was sixteen, he had his first assignment.

He completed it with ruthless efficiency and was gone before anyone even knew he was there. From then on, he's worked for the Guild, and after a while he impressed enough to become a Freelance agent. He only takes the jobs he wants now and answers to no one but the highest members of the Guild. The Council. Sometimes he has dreams about a blind woman who loves him, but he ignores them. What could they mean after all?

cabalxxvi

I am still accepting characters and will be until we are full with at least 10. Drop me a line if anyone is interested. Roleplaying has already started.