The Den(Open)

Started by Azureness, June 08, 2009, 10:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSQ3000

The young guy was surprised by the introduction of this person named "Sendri", and politely stood up to offer him a handshake.

"I am Simon, and this is my twin-sister Rosanna. Much of a pleasure to meet you.
It is indeed a fantastic place, although it would be even better if the den was a little more populated at a time like this.
I'll be thankful for being introduced and making acquaintance with the owner of this place, thank you very much."

Rosanna spoke softly in Simon's ear while observing the man in front of them.
They laughed and then Simon spoke:

"Rosanna told me that you must be a kindhearted man. She has great talent in reading ones character.
She also says that you have been given extraordinary talent as a musician and poet."

(thank you for helping this storyline up and running again  ;))

jilorbb

"Well, thank you!" Sen said jovially, with a little blush.

He took a chair from a nearby table and sat down by them. "Well, this place is a bit out of the way, otherwise I'm sure that more people would be here." He paused for a moment to listen to the sound of the rain pelting the door.

"All in all, you couldn't ask for a better place to wait out the storm. They have glorious food and just about anything you could think of to relax or have fun. Near the center there's a public hot spring and sauna. There's a game room right around the corner as well. This bar area is only one part of the whole. When I first found out about it all, I was amazed!"

jasmine06

I'd love to play but won't be online again for a few hours, will post a quick intro anyway

jasmine06

(hope I'm doing this right)
Character - Kharissa
gender -female
occupation - lady
A young woman flings open the door and looks round fearfully, panting for breath. She is wearing a wedding dress which is torn and muddied. Her legs are scratched and there are leaves and twigs in her long jet black hair.
"Please" she begs, "help me. He mustn't find me."
She collapses on the floor.

jilorbb

Sendri abruptly stopped talking to Simon abruptly as the strange bride entered the bar area. He ran to her and helped her inside, shutting the door against the raging storm.

"Who? What's going on, Miss?" he asked, his face serious and his brow furrowed. He helped her over to a chair and did a once-over to assess her condition.

jasmine06

She seemed to relax slightly as she saw only friendly and concerned faces. Someone handed her a cup of mulled wine, and she sipped it gratefully.

"My name is Kharissa and I come from the other side of the forest," she began when she could get her breath back.

"I was supposed to be married today to Aslan, the lord of the dark lands." She gave a shiver. "My parents are dead, and my cousin, who is my guardian, promised the marriage would be in name only, to stop the feuding. That was the only reason I agreed." She paused and looked embarrassed.

"I've never been with a man before and I would never...with a stranger. I'm saving myself for true love."

Reassured by the sympathetic glances, she continued. "Last night the wedding guests arrived. I hadn't met my bridegroom, I still haven't. I don't know much about him apart from the fact he has long dark hair, golden eyes like a tiger, and is supposed to be very good looking. He hasn't been here has he?"

The bartender shook his head, and the young woman began to relax more.

"I was just preparing for bed when a woman knocked on the door to my bedchamber. She said she was making sure I was aware of what she called my 'wifely duties'. I told her she must be making a mistake, that the marriage was in name only and that all he wanted was my dowry. She said that I was the one who was mistaken, that he had seen me from a distance and had talked of nothing else, and that my cousin wanted me married off so her own children could inherit my parents castle and lands. I asked her to explain to Aslan, to tell him he was welcome to my dowry but to please not dishonour me."

She paused again. "This morning the she said he she had spoken to him and he had laughed and said that once we were married I was his to do as he wanted with." With shaking hands, she took a long sip of the mulled wine.

"So I pretended to agree. I asked if I could be alone in the wedding carriage, to come to terms with everything. I waited until it had slowed down for some cattle, then I jumped out and ran through the forest. And here I am. I don't want to get anyone into trouble, I'll leave first thing in the morning, but if I could just have a room for the night and some fresh clothes. I can pay for everything."

Exhausted by her ordeal, she  leaned back in the chair and closed her eyes.

jilorbb

Sen frowned at her tale and shook his head. "Dear me... I don't even know what to say to it all.. It seems like this storm is raining misery upon everyone in the area." He trailed off for a moment, still shaking his head.

"Miss Suzaku owns this place. Its called 'The Den' she's extremely generous and caring. I'll speak to her and see if we can put you in one of the rooms. She's given the lot of us a room and run of the facilities. Please, let the tender know if you are hungry and I'll return after speaking to her." He motioned toward the bar and gave a little bow to excuse himself but waited to see if she had anything to say before he left.

Sora

Character- Raina
Gender- female
Occupation- adventurer

A bell tinkled overhead and she closed the door behind her, lowering the hood of her cloak to reveal a delicate face framed by ebony hair and encrusted with fierce, emerald eyes.

The other patrons immediately struck her as odd. For one thing, a very disheveled woman in what should have been an immaculate, white dress swooned in their center.

Her head tilted to the side, brow knit in confusion. "Oh, lovely!" she guessed, attempting to ask a question and be enthusiastic at the same time, "A...wedding...?" She waited hopefully, her baffled wonderment freezing her to the spot.
I'll be your pet... If you can make me sit, stay, and come.

Sora's Spots

Russell

Russell opened the door, slowly and shakily. "That was a bad one..." He said looking around at the room, the various punters continued to drink; oblivious to his presence. Russell wasn't massive at 6'2 and although he was strong and fit he wasn't as defined as what some might call a hunk. Glad to be in the warm though he flashed a white smile as his crystal blue eyes glanced longingly at a plate as it was placed before a punter, the food (whatever it was, looked like chicken) was glistening and steamed happily. Russel placed his pack and coat by the door, swept his hand through his long silver hair to brush out the dry twigs and leaves, then took a deep breath to compose himself. He approached the bar...

Beautiful Poison

Character - Silvarie
Gender - Female
Occupation - Priestest and Apothecary

A woman shouldered the doors of the Den open, quickly making her way inside. She was young, maybe in her mid twenties. Her features were clearly elven in nature, but the long, pointy ears of her kind were not to be seen, hidden behind sheets of pale blond hair perhaps. She wore simple jewelry on her person. Small pear-shaped jade earrings and a silver locket in the shape of a book. What she lacked in bust, she more than made up for with hips. This caused her robes to fit somewhat oddly around her curves. Wearing simple cloth robes of white, edged in blue that clung to the outside of her arms, leaving her slender shoulders bare. Her hands were stained various shades of green, and her nails were almost frightfully dirty.  The belt about her hips carried several objects. Small leather pouches tied shut. Some carried bottles but the contents of the rest were unknown. Two daggers were also present, one on each side, and a small, leather bound book bounced against the left side of her bottom as she walked.

Startlingly green eyes would flicker around the unfamiliar tavern before heading over to an empty table, carefully moving the book before she sat down with a low, grateful grunt. She instantly folded her arms across the table before bowing her head, resting it atop them.

"Exhausting. Why are those stupid plants have to grow on the TOP of the mountain?" She complains to herself, musing outloud. 

Lifting her head again as she rubbed her neck, she turned her attention to the many patrons that were going about their business inside. She had been in the middle of wondering what sorts of people were about her when a loud rumbling issued from her stomach. Wrapping both hands about her middle, and looking embarrassed, she turned her head this way and that to see about ordering some food.
Reply Status N/A. ( Updated 19/01/2024 )
Posting Frequency - N/A
Availability - Not Accepting New Stories

Returned
A bit about Me - Ons/Offs - Story Requests - Absences and Apologizes 
"I'm the total package that got fucked up in shipping and handling"