Battletech! Enough said!

Started by Latooni Subota, May 21, 2010, 08:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katina Tarask

Wait, there's a limit?

*Looks at her -1200 XP spent on negative traits.*

*Whimpers.*

But... 500 can't be right.  There are -1000 XP traits!

AllieCat

Latooni Subota

The negative traits from Lifepaths don't give you bonus xp, btw. This applies to end-of-creation adding in of traits. :x
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Paladin

wait what? I am now confused beyond hell.

Latooni Subota

If you use a point buy system, then the first 500 xp worth of negative traits will give you up to that much in bonus XP you can spend. If you use lifepaths then AFTER you do all your lifepath stuff, you can get up to 500XP worth of negative traits to get up to that much bonus xp.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Paladin

Still don't quite follow what you mean.

Latooni Subota

The book explains it better, at the end (I think) of the character creation sections. It just means there is a cap on bonus xp you can get from negative Traits.

Katina Tarask

I vote for ignoring that rule.  Or at least raising the cap.

Paladin

Quote from: Latooni Subota on May 26, 2010, 08:02:12 PM
The book explains it better, at the end (I think) of the character creation sections. It just means there is a cap on bonus xp you can get from negative Traits.

Umm yea can't find it, if you could sy the page i'd appriciate it. I'm also with Katina. Kaibosh that one or raise the cap.

Latooni Subota

Page 88. Note, that even getting to buy negative traits in exchange for more xp is an OPTIONAL thing, so the limitation is already more than you normally get. :3

But whatever. It's Allie's decision, and for the time being she said the limit is still set. I don't really mind it since we're NOBODIES, relatively speaking. If we had bunches more xp, we probably wouldn't be in this Vid program for losers. :)

Katina Tarask

Eh, not really; the established reason for not having made the big time yet has more to do with the lack of a decent break than a lack of talent.  Rising young stars are supposed to be quite capable.

Paladin

Quote from: Katina Tarask on May 26, 2010, 08:52:22 PM
Eh, not really; the established reason for not having made the big time yet has more to do with the lack of a decent break than a lack of talent.  Rising young stars are supposed to be quite capable.

This is true, and rising stars don't mean nobodies.

Latooni Subota

Note, I'll probably be ready before I slide off to bed tonight, which is usually . . what . . 2 or 3 Elliquiy-Time? I dunno. Mainly working on fluff and deciding if I want to swap around stuff at this point.

Adorable enough for my techie/pilot? (SFW) http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/326799/boots-engineer-gloves-goggles-helm-overalls-pink_h

AllieCat

I'll try to catch up tonight (I don't want to force everyone to hear the Allie-rant about my last couple days.. Once in the SB was quite enough), but I'm still at work and will be for several more hours.

Paladin

Quote from: AllieCat on May 27, 2010, 06:39:16 PM
I'll try to catch up tonight (I don't want to force everyone to hear the Allie-rant about my last couple days.. Once in the SB was quite enough), but I'm still at work and will be for several more hours.

*Hugs* I know how work can be Gal. I got drafted for this weekend even though I wasn'tr scheduled to work. Oh yea and I'm forced to work on the Holiday.

AllieCat

Tell ya what.. if I gave everyone, say, a bonus of 1,000 XP for this, would you guys be happy? :)

Katina Tarask

Works for me.  I take it that means the -500 XP cap on negative traits is back in place?

AllieCat

You can TAKE more, just won't get the XP :)

Paladin

Quote from: AllieCat on May 27, 2010, 09:57:10 PM
Tell ya what.. if I gave everyone, say, a bonus of 1,000 XP for this, would you guys be happy? :)

works for me as well. :D

Katina Tarask

AllieCat

Katina Tarask

Whenever you're on, I'd like to talk with you about equipment and my character's mech.

Latooni Subota

-Peeks in- OH, I probably should've passed it along, but we're getting a randomly selected Medium 'Mech as part of the competition/tv show. Unless Allie changed her mind about that. :3

Also, finished my stats! Just need to actually write down my fluff when I'm not busy.

[Attributes]
STR: +200 : 2
BOD: +300 : 3
RFL: +400 : 4
DEX: +700 : 7
INT: +700 : 7
WIL: +400 : 4
CHA: +400 : 4
EDG: +400 : 4

Subtotal: 3500

[Traits]
Connections [Solaris VII 'Mech Labs]: +400 : 4
Enemy [Rival 'MechJockey]: -300 : -3
Fast Learner: +300 : 3
Introvert [Character]: -100 : -1
Tech Empathy: +300 : 3
Animal Antipathy: -100 : -1

Subtotal: 500

[Skills]
Appraisal [INT] 27 : 1
Computers (Advanced Tier) [DEX + INT] 153 : 5
Communications [INT] 27 : 1
Demolitions [DEX + INT] 27 : 1
Driving [RFL + DEX] 27 : 1
Gunnery/'Mech [RFL + DEX] 108 : 4
Interest/Solaris Games [INT + WIL] 45 : 2
Interest/Cooking [INT + WIL] 72 : 3
Language/German [INT + CHA] 108 : 4
Language/English [INT + CHA] 108 : 4
Navigation/Ground [INT] 45 : 2
Negotiation [CHA] 27 : 1
Perception [INT] 45 : 2
Piloting/'Mech [RFL + DEX] 207 : 6
Protocol/Lyran Alliance [WIL + CHA] 45 : 2
Sensor Operations [INT + WIL] 108 : 4
Streetwise/Solaris VII [CHA] 45 : 2
Tactics/Land [INT + WIL] 45 : 2
Technician/Electronic [INT + WIL] 166 : 6
Technician/Mechanical [INT + WIL] 166 : 6
Technician/Myomer [INT + WIL] 166 : 6
Technician/Nuclear [INT + WIL] 58 : 3
Technician/Weapons [INT + WIL] 166 : 6

Subtotal: 1991

Grant Total: 5991

When i'm not having my IRL friends teach me how to play Classic Battletech, i'll work on my girl.

Paladin

Well I still need to finish my guy, but some of the Traist he has allows him a choice of Mechs, and even customize his Mech.  I'm puting pointsinto those cause certain Mechs I hate and I'd at least like a pick from a list.

Katina Tarask

Quote from: Latooni Subota on May 29, 2010, 08:10:32 PM
-Peeks in- OH, I probably should've passed it along, but we're getting a randomly selected Medium 'Mech as part of the competition/tv show. Unless Allie changed her mind about that. :3
Oh.  Well, then, that gives me more points to play with.  Updated.