Vampire/Werewolf RP interest check. (Fear my originality. :3)

Started by Xanthaine, July 14, 2012, 03:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanthaine

(NOT A TWILIGHT THING. ANYONE EXHIBITING ANY FAIRY-VAMPIRE TENDENCIES WILL BE TIED TO A POLE AND BEATEN... WITH SPAGHETTI.  >:))

The city has a dark side... a dark side that makes a serial killer look like Santa Claus... I've seen them... the great, hairy brutes, bestial and crude... the ice skinned deceivers, clever and quick. They war, they fight... over territory and food... we are the food! I'm not mad, dammit! PLEASE! We need to do something NOW!

- Excerpt from a police interview with now committed detective Liam Bannen.

Werewolves
Werewolves can transform at will, and retain full control, though their grip on their forms splinters through the lunar cycle, their often already short fuses turning into blast on contact, blood boiling rage. Each Werewolf is different physically, ranging from more bestial to almost anthropomorphic. Which is a scale that can roughly be translated as least to most intelligence. Werewolves have slightly extended lifespans, ranging past 400 in some cases. Werewolves have to feed about once every two weeks for an average sized one. Large ones often once a week, the runts can go month to month.

Vampires
Vampires are deceptive, clever and quick, preferring to use seductive, honeyed words and their superior skill at hiding than all out open combat. A vampire prefers to play the long game, with many years to play with, it's easy to be patient. Vampires have no need to breathe and have pale, cold skin. The sun thing is a myth, however... a false weakness so humans feel they can win. A Vampire is potentially immortal, though they can be killed by removing their head and burying it on hallowed ground. A Vampire that has not fed for too long, a length of time dependant on their stamina in life, they may fall into a coma, and must be awakened by forceful ingestion of blood. Vampires can last about a week per feed, so long as they suck their victim dry.

(So... yeah, it's a war, though neither side has a truly organised fighting corp, and your char's stance on the war could be up to you. Also, and I cannot stress this enough... VAMPIRES are FASTER than WEREWOLVES. WEREWOLVES are STRONGER than VAMPIRES. So any Vampires with super strength will be subject to the aforementioned spaghetti whipping. Ditto superfast werewolves. A vampire CAN be stronger than average, ditto a Werewolf being faster than average, but even the slowest vampire is faster than the fastest werewolf, and similarly the strongest Vampire could still be beaten by the weakest Werewolf. :3)

Name: (Human names please, anyone just called 'Ripfang' better have a damn good excuse in character history. :3)

Species:

Age: (Sum total please, not length of time as a werewolf or Vampire)

Sexual orientation:

Appearance: (Please describe/use images for BOTH forms if werewolf.)

History:

Personality:

Additional information:

(I know I come across as a bit of a... uuuh... fascist here, but I had a very definate idea here, I wanted to avoid Twilight like the plague and I wanted to ensure there was a balance between combat, unique strengths and all. Anyways, enjoy.)

Cold Heritage

What do werewolves feed on? Are they blood-drinkers too, or are they consuming human flesh?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Xanthaine

Consuming human flesh. Vampires just need to find a major blood vessel, Werewolves can just start munching.

azzmeister89

Tydorei

werewolves cant survive on just eating flesh? It specifically has to be human flash? I was hoping my wolf lives off of munching down on vamps.

Are wolves weak against silver still?

Xanthaine

Vampires are bad for Werewolves, not poisonous, but their flesh is dead, unhealthy all around. The Werewolf blood is too bestial for Vamps to metabolise, and therefore would not be healthy for THEM either. Yes, it is possible but it would weaken your char severely, unless they were like a tank werewolf, and uses it to prove a point. :p

And no, Silver is the werewolf's sunlight, no weakness. Werewolves are extraordinarily resilient, but an ordinary weapon can kill them... eventually.

lenka

What about throwing a half breed in the mix? *grins*

Just a little helpless girl who cringes in regards to both sides (of course there would be nothing helpless about her, she would be skilled in weaponry with an attitude to boot)

Simply putting it out there..

Xanthaine

Quote from: lenka on July 15, 2012, 05:22:29 AM
What about throwing a half breed in the mix? *grins*

Just a little helpless girl who cringes in regards to both sides (of course there would be nothing helpless about her, she would be skilled in weaponry with an attitude to boot)

Simply putting it out there..

Would be difficult, since second generation werewolves are basically human, human Vampire hunters are usually descendants of werewolves, and that Vampires are sterile, and cannot breed.

Unfortunately this is based on a friend's story about Vampires, but if you desperately want a hybrid, she would have to be at least THIRD generation were wolf to allow susceptibility to vampire venom, and then be bitten, et voila, the Werewolf genes are reawakened and the vampire ones added, so long as you can balance her and not make her epically OP I'm all for it. :3

lenka

Okies, no worries. I will leave that idea and keep it simple
I could easily work wither a vamp or werewolf anyway...

So in regards to the plot..you just gonna have them running round trying to tear one another's heads off? Or simply try to wipe out the human population?

Xanthaine

The plot will be fairly loose... think Skyrim, but the arc is simply an escalation of the war to all out Extinction warfare. Imagine Israel/Palestine, neither side is willing to share (In our case, the human food source) or back down. An depending on choices, we could end up in many places plotwise.

Vaulera

I am definitely going for my trademark, a vampire of course. But will they be like Blade vampires, wherein they justify it as a deficiency in hemoglobin, so they have to hunt and feed to restore their incredibly inefficient blood?

Xanthaine

If they feed enough, they can get away with being human, albeit pale. If they go much longer than a week, their skin sallows and sinks, their eyes become red, and it gets that much harder to trick and deceive.

GhettoMagick

Okay so vampires and werewolves and humans are the only acceptable race? What about compulsion can vampires compel humans? And what about healing and self regenration?
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Xanthaine

Vampires don't have a bizarre telepathic power, but their speech is VERY persuasive, their logic is hard to deny. I suppose it IS compulsion in a way, but it depends on their ability to reason what they are trying to persuade, they can't just say 'Do it.' if that makes sense. Regenerative capabilities are based on feeding, Vampires regenerate almost immediately after feeding, Werewolves get a huge boost to their natural healing pace, to balance out their relative physical strength.

If that makes sense at all. If not I can try and clarify further. :3

GhettoMagick

No that makes perfect sense. You have me interested. It probs doesn't help that I'm watching underworld right now. Could vampires persaude werewolves? And what about humans? What all do they know about what's going on?
I wanna be loved by you. Just you. And everyone else too. I wanna be loved by everyone. ;o)

Xanthaine

It depends, this is one ability that being smarter is a handicap when facing it, smarter people grasp the convoluted logic better, stupid people will just be like 'Myeh, dun' get it.' Werewolves are harder to reason with than humans, based on their more bestial instincts, but a smarter werewolf is easier to persuade. If unsure, a sub average IQ will be harder to convince, 20 points below average makes a person immune. Vampires can't convince other vampires the same way, they tend to be too... stuck on their own logic.

And I'm assuming a sub-modern society, so those that DO know what's going on are considered crazy.

GhettoMagick

Well in that case id probs would like to be a vampire. Where do I signnnn up?

Xanthaine

Here, just throw up a character sheet when you feel up to it. Mine's just blank for balance, seeing who makes what, so if there's more Vamps, I make a werewolf, etc. :D

GhettoMagick

Okay will do. Ill be thinking about it for awhile before I post. Okay so there is obviously some sort of pack for weres and a "coven" for vamps. But what's are there rules and religon? Are their elders? Are befriending speices look down upon? What happends to rogues or traitors? I need to know dynamics for bio stuffages

Xanthaine

There used to be large military type movements for both species, but all that is in decline, while once a char may have been a high level member in a pack, or a coven they would be mostly solitary now. Attitudes vary, some vote for extinction for the opposing species, others neutrality, some actively befriend the opposition, it's all individual now. :3 Vampires once had elders, the oldest vampire within a coven, Werewolves had Alphas, the strongest within theirs. But since, as such, these things no longer exist on any kind of large scale, pack Alpha and Coven Elder titles ring a bit hollow.

GhettoMagick

So maybe gangs? If not what happends to newly turned vampires and weres? Would they just struggle for their own. Would they have a maker that taught them what they needed to know to survive and send them on their merry way? Little fractions or small groups?

Xanthaine

It all depends on the char's 'parent' some try to raise armies, others leave their children to it. Others guide from the sidelines.

BellaVita

Xanthaine

Cause Werewolf chicks be awesome! Madam, I salute you... then sniff your bottom. :-P

BellaVita

There hasn't really been anymore posts in this thread.. I know you want character sheets, but is this RP still on the table?