You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

April 20, 2018, 11:45:56 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot
Dear Diary: My Body Is Attacking Itself
- by Sofia Grace, April 10, 2017, 11:47:19 PM

I'm Irish and Italian.  Needless to say, I grew up tough.  With an Irish temper and an Italian mouth, there aren't many people who choose to get in your way.  That being said, I think it's important to note that any time I ever got detention for brawling as a teenager, it was typically due to an incident in which I was defending a friend.  I rarely found myself involved in conflict personally; I lacked the time or patience for it.  But when it came to my friends, they were my family and I would walk through fire for them.

I think I'll always be that way.  Maybe that's why I chose the career path that I did.  Social work is difficult.  If I had a quarter for every time someone told me that they couldn't do what I do, or that it takes a special kind of person to work in this field... maybe I'd pay off my student loans by the time I'm 99 instead of 100.  I've always been the defender of the weak and the voic...

(click the title or comments for more)