You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

January 20, 2018, 09:07:40 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot
Ten Dimensions of Leadership [WIP]
- by Dallas, July 26, 2017, 12:32:05 PM
I have decided to write this for myself (and perhaps others if they might need a reminder or second opinion as to what it means). I also understand that people might think of political happenings/figures and other 'leadership' issues our countries might face. One may be tempted to make a snarky comment about such happenings here in my blog.

Don't. Do not shift or distract the intended focus of my work here. This is not a PROC thread. This is my work and largely spoken from my own mouth. If you cannot respect my work space, I will politely ask you to leave.

This is also unfinished, gradually forming over the past year and a half. I have ten basic principles in my head but not fully developed for consistency, yet. You are welcome to make suggestions. This is meant to translate my take on what it means to lead in somewhat to all forms of leadership (World Leaders to even those such as that run and maintain forums on the internet;  Leadership is ...

(click the title or comments for more)
Nine:
----
'Commitment, Confidence and Male Struggles'

A quick disclaimer here... I am going to be talking about my past (and somewhat current) struggles experiences with relationships and dating. Keep in mind that this is from a perspective of one male. I am not speaking on behalf of all men, nor am I speaking for all women out there. I usually go up to bat for people that try to do right by others, even when relationships go south. There are good-hearted people and some are... well...

Honestly, I don't even think this is about "bad" people... just mostly making my own personal space to clear my head and decompress. Maybe even introspect a bit. Some frustration with myself, as well as with others that have rather conflicted expectations from me as a male. That sorta thing. An...

Eight:
----
'Persist or Surrender?'

Heh... Let's see if I can gather my thoughts in such a way that minimizes confusion. Forgive me, if something does not seem to be clear. I do my best to be legible. ;)

Now... I am pursuing a path that enables me to create games and stories for a living. Not for any earnings that I may (or may not) achieve, but for the simple joy in which I find in it. What others may enjoy from what I create. Naturally, there are other elements that complicate that goal. While money would normally be one, it isn't so much of a bother in my situation. I'm still poor, but I don't have a lot of expenses and I live within my means. I can still make ends meet for a while if I remain focused on the business plan. However, one key element of complication is my relationships with people. As ...

Seven:
----
'The Root of Hypocrisy'

Disclaimer: I feel that this gets a tad ranty... so I apologize. ^-^

You know, I would say that hypocrisy bothers me more than anything but... I think what I find to be the root of hypocrisy is more offensive to me. Particularly when it is gleefully swallowed like just another shot of hard liquor.

While I am indeed aggravated by hypocrites... I am also a firm believer that anyone (and everyone) can stumble in those weeds by losing track of themselves every now and then. After all... we are all supposed to be human, right? But I strongly feel that hypocrisy is bred by ignorance as its chief catalyst. I don't think there is anything I hate more than being profiled, type-casted or stereotyped... especially by people that are...

Six:
----
'The Friend I Needed'

The great "quest" in single life continues... as always, doesn't it? Wake up, hurry up, wait in traffic, rush off to our crap-sack job and just hope the day breezes by problem-free. Then once the nightmare is over with that day, find stuff to do to fill in whatever gaps of time we have to ourselves.

Now, back in my own shoes at the present time. Here I sit peering into a screen, mulling over concerns and possible directions I should take on my own. Sure enough, I always have that fond memory of a friend that remains dear to me. Remembering that person that's now missing from my puzzle. The one that I look back on as a role model, then remember just where to keep driving on if I'm ever lost.

That one... that one that stuck with me for years...
Five:
----
'Hidden Romancist'

I'm probably going to get weird for some folks here, but I can only really write my feelings on this based on my instincts. So I'm just gonna roll with it. Humor me, won't you?

When you get to be in your late twenties, I swear... people like me apparently really get to thinking a lot about where in blue hell our lives are going from here. It doesn't help that I was always one of those people with an "older mindset" than my peers. So I feel like I've been thinking over-thinking this for the past ten years.

I sometimes still feel like I should have my act together and my life in order, by now. Though I can never decide what my own standards are for what "in order" actually means, in truth. Talks with my mother about my "dread in turning 30" com...

A Temple of Two Spirits -- 4: Dallas the Liar
- by Dallas, February 16, 2016, 01:32:26 AM
Four:
----
'Dallas the Liar'
(Introspection)

This is just one of those nights where I do that battle with myself that my previous entries have mentioned.

Heh. Where the compassionate empath duels with that protective bird with old wounds. For those that ever wondered why my last moniker on Elliquiy was 'Twisted Crow'... well, now you understand what it references to. In about 20 years of experience with being a caring, wounded bird; I've learned that sometimes the "wrong" thing to do is be honest about how you feel. These are one of those times where life does not normally "reward you for honesty"... instead, it damns you. Despite the common misnomer, most people don't want to hear the truth. They want to hear what makes them feel good. They want you to put their min...

A Temple of Two Spirits -- 3: Quiet Fury
- by Dallas, February 07, 2016, 12:52:16 PM
Three:
----
'Quiet Fury'

Back when I was younger... much younger, I used to be a wild child that allowed his own pain to rule him. A lost boy in poverty without a mother. Most chit chat with me on or off Elliquiy tends to leave others to see this reserved, easy-going guy and nothing more. Yeah, that's a safe generalization of the person I've grown into and I continue to try to treat others as I'd like to be treated as a general rule. It isn't always easy, though. Being the sensitive type combined with ex-soldier/wild child history can be difficult to balance. Challenging to restrain and keep in check. It's not always the "keep the tiger in the cage" (or "keep the feelings bottled up") cliché, although it can be just exactly that. It's a phase akin to being this feral wolf within a noble, caring heart. And ...

A Temple of Two Spirits -- 2: Distance
- by Dallas, January 27, 2016, 09:01:38 PM
Two:
----
'Distance'

Heh. If I was only allowed to use a single word to summarize my greatest obstacle in life, I know exactly which one it would be.

Distance.

Be it literal (geographically) or in social situations, there was always that block that prevented any sort of true connections from happening. That understanding that people wouldn't 'get it' if I tried putting it into words or somehow painting the picture in another way. Of course, I still make the attempt from time to time. That "Can't Quit" mentality that Dad had continuously structured in my heart has unfortunately left some problems all on their own. Problems that I've been well aware of, yet still struggle to control when trying to keep my perspective in the current moment. The reality of it is that sometimes all you ca...

A Temple of Two Spirits -- 1: Twin Spirits
- by Dallas, January 04, 2016, 07:38:53 PM
One:
----
'Twin Spirits'

Many can knock it or snicker at this tune. It may be ironic considering that a band called "Extreme" performed this, but... you know what? Screw it... it's beautiful. Play it. :P

Everything about music like this tends to shake off any frosty, jagged scales over my heart. The... 'dirt on the soul' (if you believe in such a thing). The harmony that reaches out a hand to "both" of me... to us. It reminds that faraway "Prewar Dallas" is still needed within. That he still serves a genuine purpose as 'The Empath'. That kind and soft Dallas. To a degree...this can also sometimes be the "weak" (or "vulnerable") Dallas. The Dallas that sometimes can't be alone. What is important is that it restores this one's purity. But he isn't the only one. At the same tim...