You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 15, 2018, 06:24:22 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot
De-stress & Decompress
- by Blythe, February 05, 2018, 06:34:13 PM

This is a blog all about dealing with stress, intense situations, and strong emotions. A few things before I get into the more enjoyable content of the blog, as a disclaimer:

* My blog won't be a substitute for RL therapy/counseling, of course, nor for appropriate RL help of any kind. I myself attend counseling, and it's given me some wonderful tools to deal with stress.
* This is not a place to just vent about one's life. Sharing an anecdote or two is fine, but persistent negativity will be directed to the Bad and the Ugly forum or an Apologies & Absences thread.
* Not everything in here will work for everyone! People are all different. I welcome discussion of healthy methods to cope with stress, even when they aren't methods that work for me personally. They might still work for someone else reading along! The methods I tend to g...

(click the title or comments for more)
You Are The Moon.
- by Blythe, October 03, 2016, 08:46:30 PM
If you have not done so already, please read this message from Veks.

There is a song that I think of when I know someone struggles to love themselves, when they are hurting, when they are struggling with depression, with bipolar, with anxiety, with PTSD, with many types of similar problems, or even if you are going through a tough time with someone else trying to tear down your self-worth.  It is called "You are the moon - The Hush Sound." It is not a joyous song to listen to in tone--it is a somber song, but with a message that I feel is very important.

The song's lyrics are:

Shadows all around you as you surface from the dark
Emerging from the gentle grip of night's unfolding arms
Darkness, darkness everywhere, do you feel all alone?
The subtle grace of gravity, the heavy weight of ...

I've wanted to do something like this for a while. I'll be doing a page-by-page review of rpg books that I haven't had the time to sit down and fully read, giving my mostly first impressions and thoughts. These Let's Reads will be for tabletop rpgs and their supplements only for now. My goal is to approach this in a light-hearted way as someone who is experienced with tabletop in general, but who also wants an inclusive place to welcome new individuals to system gaming, so if you're new to systems and want to ask about what I'm currently reading, please hop in and ask! If you don't understand something I referenced or would like to to talk about something more in-depth, again, absolutely ask. There are no bad questions!  8-)

I just ask that there be no edition warring should comparisons with other systems come up. :)

Anyways, feel free to post comments/q...