You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2019, 02:53:58 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot
New Gardening in Florida
- by JuliettaRossi, July 02, 2018, 02:52:38 AM
So, I haven't been on here in quite a while but I noticed the Garden Journal from Peri and read through it and thought I could come back at least and do a little bit of writing about my new time occupier - gardening.

We moved into a new place a few months ago - the selling point was the tropical backyard and the Florida room. For those not living here in Florida, a "Florida-room" is just a sunroom or solarium lol. How we claimed it as our own, I don't know. The room is huge though - the length of the house and really wide. It's got windows the entire length that open, but have no screens right now and the mosquitoes are horrible this year, so we haven't been able to keep them open for very long. I have a few working tables, a tv and stand, a few chairs and a couple of shelving units - all fit comfortably in the room with plenty of space for all the plants. 

Now, disclaimer - I've never grown a thing in my life. I've killed anything I've tired to grow or plants ...

(click the title or comments for more)
Julietta's Life Blog
- by JuliettaRossi, October 13, 2015, 01:53:17 AM
So, previous to this I had a blog named [spoiler=Submission, Codependence and Relationships ]https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=176342.0[/spoiler]. Getting some of those things out into a writing format was extremely helpful during those times I really needed it. It's been a while since then. We've gotten through a lot. A brief update:

We're still together. This November will be 10 years. Still not married. (No, I don't need condolences, congrats, advice, questions on reasons why, etc.) I started a new job 2 years ago November, which was more in tune to what I wanted to be doing.  I'm still doing it. It's 'medical-field -adjacent' as we like to say. I deal with medical supplies, which I grew up learning about from my mother who was a purchasing manager for a nursing home, so this was stuff I always knew (and I stayed 'in' the medical arena doing stuff like candy-striping, volunteering, etc). We’ve gone...

For the past few months, life hasn't been so grand. No, not complaining. I'm trying to figure my life out, figure out the conflicts in my head, in my relationships, keep a job and many other things all at once. To top it all off, I did not so much come to the realization that I'm codependent, but was essentially told what my issue was by someone else. Some of you may say 'So what! Why do you care what someone else says?!' Ah, but that is just it. I am codependent. After looking at the 'symptoms' I am...I'm not denying it. It was just the harsh little blow of someone who I didn't think knew me very well, hitting the nail on the head so to speak. How did I not know this about myself? How did I, after XX years, living in my own skin, not know that I had this problem, this disease, this addiction?

I think I was a bit shell shocked to finally understand this. It all came after my relationship with my fiancee practically imploded after al...