You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 16, 2018, 02:23:04 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot
Square Foot Gardening & Small Scale Aquaponics
- by Imogen, March 22, 2018, 03:14:42 PM
A tiny bit of our garden's history

Ever since hubby and I moved into our current house we have been struggling with our garden.

At first glance, the garden looked ideal. With a surface of no more than 5 by 10 meters (16.4 by 32.9 ft) including garden shed and bicycle parking, it has a pretty good size for someone who doesn't want to spend their entire day gardening, but there's still plenty of room to create something nice. Another plus is that the garden faces Southwest, which meant it should get a lot of sunshine.

Strangely enough, most of our neighbors had their backyards (almost) completely tiled, with tiny strips of green at the borders. How dull, we thought, blissfully ignorant of the implied warning of our neighbors' decisions. We didn't want a garden like that. We'd have a garden that looked lush and green, a place where birds, insects and other animals would feel welcome. It would have a terrace/p...

(click the title or comments for more)
Imogen visits ...
- by Imogen, July 25, 2011, 02:13:27 PM
Imogen's travels - Part 1: Wijk bij Duurstede - The Netherlands

I am a travel fanatic. Always have been. Whether it's going to a small town in the Netherlands or across the world towards Hong Kong; I love exploring places and learning more about their history and cultural background. Please, join me as I record some of the places I have seen. We will start close at home, in the Netherlands where a dull company outing turned into an wonderful surprise.

[floatleft][img padding=20]http://www.rijksmuseum.nl/images/aria/sk/org/sk-c-211.org?aria/maxwidth_288[/img][/floatleft]The Windmill by Wijk bij Duurstede - Jacob van Ruisdael

Dark clouds are gathering above this river landscape. The sunlight occasionally penetrates the clouds, casting a dramatic light upon the mill towering above all else. The buildings in the background are the castle and St Maarten's Church of Wijk-bij-Duurstede. The river in the f...

(click the title or comments for more)