Mafia Game: Battle for Little Italy (Stalemate; a Truce is called!)

Started by Remiel, June 17, 2010, 08:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

For years, the peace in Little Italy has been upheld under the firm but benevolent sway of Don Vito Pastrami, head of the Pastrami family and undisputed king of organized crime in the city.  All of that changed when, last month, Don Pastrami died of a sudden and unforeseen heart attack.  Without a universally recognized heir apparent, the Pastrami organization has dissolved, splintering into a handful of warring factions and bitterly conflicting loyalties.  After an intense week of bloodshed and murder, two main contenders have surfaced to vie for control of the Little Italy Mafia: the Cannoli family and the Linguine family.  Underfunded and outmanned, the police are powerless to interfere.  Whichever family prevails will control the city.

The Cannolis are well-established in the city's seedy criminal institutions, having run for decades its alcohol, hash, and Funfetti smuggling operations.  It was a Cannoli who served as Don Pastrami's consigliere.  The first Cannoli in America was Vincenzo Cannoli, who came over from Sicily in 1833. It is said that the phrase "atsa one-a spicy meatball!" can be originally attributed to him.

The Cannolis consist of:

Aiden
Imogen
DTW
Dudelrok
Moirae
Cassiopeia
Mithlomwen
Galanthor

The Linguines, on the other hand, are relatively new, having only established themselves as major contenders within the Little Italy crime syndicate in the past twenty years.  Nevertheless, Don Pastrami chose a Linguine to be his highest-ranking caporegime.  The Salty Seaman, a bawdy burlesque house situated on the harbour, serves as the Linguines' front and base of operations.

The Linguines are:

Esoteric Myobi
Absinthe Tori
Rolin
thirteenhearts
Beguile's Mistress
Valerian
Xandi
Lord Mayerling

The action will start up in a couple of days, at which time we will commence the voting for Dons.  For now, though, feel free to get into character, get to know your Family, and perhaps taunt the other team (in a friendly manner, please!)  From now on, it is requested that all Cannollis post in blue, and all Linguines post in red.  Remember, the game is in the Non-Adult forum, so please abide by the Non-Adult forum rules (e.g., keep it PG-13!)

Have fun, and check back often for updates!

Remiel

The weeks following Don Pastrami's death were chaotic and violent.  Many factions appeared, and many contenders came forward to try to seize control of Pastrami's Mafia empire.  In the bloody days that followed, there were two Dons who stood out amongst the throng of those who would be Godfather, many of whom met swift and violent ends.

But the Dons could not stand alone.  They relied heavily upon the support and loyalty of their Families.

Okay, this is the part where both families must vote for their Don.  The Don is a very important role, being the person who assigns all of the other roles to his or her family.  In addition, the Don is immune from being targeted for a communal hit.  This is not a popularity contest.  Vote for the member of your family whom you think will be the best at outsmarting your sworn enemies.  You cannot vote for yourself.

Remember, all Cannolis should post in blue, and all Linguines should post in red.  If you're not sure how to do this, use the following code:

[color=blue]text goes here, if you're a Cannoli[/color] or
[color=red]text goes here, if you're a Linguine[/color]

DudelRok

Slams a fist on a nearby table, "Alright, so we got hell breaking lose and we need someone with a hammer to knock it all back. A'ight so we need someone that knows his way an ain't no'one hear a no dame running things so I'm giving my firm vote on Aiden." Turns to Aiden, "Up fer it?"

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

thirteenhearts

My vote for the Don of the Linguine's goes to Lord Mayerling.  He seems like he's seen his share of battles and would be up for the challenge.

desert ashes

Slowly Moirae's brows arched over DudelRok's proclaimation and she let her gaze settle steady on Mithlomwen.  "I cannot disagree with you more, DudelRok.  It is past time us dames have taken this family to the seat of power where it belongs and I cannot think of anyone better suited for that than Mithlomwen."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Autumn52

Personally I'm tired of the men running things. We women work just as hard and clean up your messes. I think it is high time a woman ran this outfit, and Valerian is just the woman to get the job done. You men know that with a woman in charge the Cannolis Family will think they have this war in the bag. They have little respect for women. It would give us an added advantage, they would lower their guard. We could own this town by the end of the week.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Valerian

"Thanks, Xandi," Val said, blushing a little.  "I don't know if I'm the right person for the job, but I think you've got the right idea.  I'll bet Beguile's Mistress would get this town organized in no time."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia's cool eyes flashed dangerously at DudelRok's comment before drifting over to Moirae, her full lips twitching up to one side ever so slightly.  "It seems that the point is already proven.  If we continue making the same testosterone driven decisions we will likely stay in the exact same place we are now, which is not on top, as if I need to remind anyone here of that fact.  I agree with with Moirae.  I think Don Mithlomwem has a nice ring to it."  Her eyes returned to DudelRok, the sharp edge still there but now contrast with a serene smile, of course that only made it all the more disturbing were one to look hard enough.  "Regardless, it should be a question of capability, not whether or not one can take a piss standing up."

Tharic

Rolin paces slowly, rubbing his chin with his left hand, while a wooden baseball bat with dark red stains on it rests in his right, leaning over his shoulder.

"All you'ze is makin' some good points. Me, I gots no problems with a broad, 'scuse me, a dame, leadin up this here family. Besides, a dame would certainly help us move into the Funfetti operations of da Cannolis."

"Wez Linguines just needs to work togetha tho, now that Don Pastrami has passed on, God rest his soul, wez all knowz that da Linguine family is next in line to take over. I don't care if Pastrami had a Connali for a consigliere, all he ever did was talk. What we needz in Little It'ly is action. Action to pull dez two families together again. Only the strength of a capo will do that. Don Pastrami was wise enough to realize he needed that strength to come from da Linguines."

Rolin walks slowly through the room, eyeing each of his fellow Linguines, his bat resting against his shoulder still. Finally he comes to a stop, pointing the end of his bat towards someone, "For wha' it matta's, in myz 'umble opinion, I thinks Xandi makes a good point, Valerian would give us da advantage we needz to lead this thing of ours."

Galanthor

Galanthor leaned against the wall, hiding his face under the hat, thinking. Are they serious? Are they seperate the family in genders? That way the Linguines would wipe them out within the twinkling of an eye. The well dressed man raised his stetson just so much that the rest of the Cannolis could look into his eyes which where filled with determination.

"A Don must have the full trust of the family...if you think it's about gender...fine...i don't...Mithlomwem you got my vote and my gun if you want it."

Lord Mayerling

The form of Conte di Mayerglione filled the doorway of the smoky back room at the aptly named Salty Seaman. Cast in silhouette, smoke from a glowing cigar swirled over his shoulders. Stepping through the opening, he tossed his fedora onto the only table in the corner of the room. He had heard the thoughts of the others, even the voice that suggested himself for Don. While he considered the affirmation a sound one, there were more important things to discuss first.

“First of all,” he exhaled a lungful of cigar smoke. He smelled of tobacco, rum, and whore as his presence filled the room. “A decision based on gender over merits results in foolery. Second, there are only two men in this family, so if we are needed for our organs, we shall need to be used expediently.”

“As for whom to elect Don, I will support any one of you. For me, for all of us, Omerta must be our following. Only as a family working together will we succeed in taking over Little Italy. We need someone who knows every man and woman between Mott and Mulberry, and can protect them the only way a Linguine can.”

He stubbed out his spent cigar in a dirty ashtray, and pulled a switchblade from his suit coat. He sliced open his right palm with a stroke, holding the blade in his left. “I will take as by brothers and sisters those who will take the oath of Omerta with me.”

He offered the blade to anyone who would accept him as a blood brother by repeating the act and shaking hands with him. This was the Oath.

Zealously Jaded

Absinthe sipped her drink listening to the conversations, “I have no idea who should be the Don.” Slowly she pushed a lock of dark red hair from her eyes, “However I do think the Don should be Beguile’s Mistress. We may be the new guys in town, but we have to hit them hard.”

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile walked into The Salty Seaman and let her eyes adjust from the bright sun outside to the dim interior of the Linguine hangout.  The place smelled of spilled beer, stale perfume and yesterday’s bad news.  She walked across the room a picture of elegance in a slim black skirt with a slit cut high enough to be interesting and a white silk blouse unbuttoned low enough to show a little lace.  She perched on a tall stool and reached over to pluck a bottle of bourbon from behind the bar.  A shot glass appeared in her other hand and after downing an ounce and pouring a second she spoke, her voice a deep-throated purr that made you sit up and listen.

Pleasantly surprised to hear her name mentioned as a possible head of the family she tipped a nod to Valerian and Absinthe Tori and tucked back the wave of blazing auburn hair that fell forward over one blue-grey eye. 

“Men have been running things forever and look at where we are.  Don Pastrami is dead, the latest in a long line of dons to be taken out by the pressure of competition.  It would be presumptuous to vote for myself so I'll speak for someone whose abilities I respect and whose leadership I would follow.  Valerian has the brains and, if you’ll pardon the expression, the balls to take this family over and have the Cannolis for lunch.

Having said her piece she leaned back with her elbows on the bar and crossed her sheer black silk clad legs at the knee, one four-inch stiletto dangling precariously from her toes.  The brimming shot glass hung from slender fingers tipped with scarlet painted nails.

Lord Mayerling

With no takers at present for the Oath…a somewhat disgruntled Comte di Mayerglione went to the bar, met up with Beguile’s Mistress’ bourbon bottle, washed his hand with a dribble of the liquid, and poured himself a highball. “Well she can’t vote for herself,” the Comte bit into another cigar and lit up, “but I can vote for Beguile’s Mistress.” He chinked glasses with her and drank. 

Esoteric Myobi

Seated in the shadows, a plume of smoke drifting idly up towards the ceiling was the only indication of Myobi's presence. A sleek black jacket was slung over the back of her chair. Red and black were the primary colors of her attire. Was it a statement for the family she represented? Or did it just so happen to be her favorite colors? Red silk shirt and flowing black pants, her own porcelain skin was framed with soft waves of dark brown.

As the others spoke her mind, she seemed to listen nonchalantly, the future of their family could have been the last thing on her mind. A glint of blood-red could be seen at the end of slender fingers as she flicked the slim cigarette to the gritty ground and watched it slowly roll to a stop, its tip glowing briefly before finally dying away, leaving nothing more than a wisp of gray.

Equally bright lips quirked into a smirking grin as she regarded the others around the room, her lithe figure glided forwards in one fluid motion from the lazy sprawl across her chair to leaning forwards, chin cupped in hand. "A new Don, eh?" Her voice was a lazy drawl, yet a certain glint in her eyes showed that much more was hidden beneath the uncaring facade.

"Ah've got nothin' against ya'll, men an women alike, an Ah'm sure that we've already settled on what's most important...It's gotta be da brains, da heart, an da guts." With each, she emphasized with her finger pointing in the general direction, choosing three people at random to use as examples.

"So, if Ah've got the gist of it...Ah'll go ahead and say that my vote sits with..." Dewy brown eyes glanced lazily about beneath long lashes before stopping at Rolin. "You." As if to make sure no mistakes were made, her chin tilted up in his direction as well.

Reaching out for her glass of Scotch Whiskey, she leaned back languidly in her seat and downed about half before nursing the rest while waiting for the final results.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Remiel

In short order, the Linguine and Cannoli families--sworn enemies and bitter rivals, no longer forced to tolerate each other by the stabilizing hand of Don Pastrami--set about electing their leaders.  Time was of the essence, for both knew that the first group to strike a decisive blow against the other would have the advantage in the inevitable turf war.  While the Cannolis seemed to be slow to decide about who should lead them--perhaps due to mistrust and paranoia--the Linguines seemed divided between two potential candidates, both of whom were widely respected within the Linguine organization.  But, in the end, there could be only one Don.

------
Current votes for Don:

Cannolis:

Mithlomwen (3)
Aiden (1)

Linguines:

Beguile's Mistress (3)
Valerian (3)
Lord Mayerling (1)
Rolin (1)

Yet to vote: Aiden, Imogen, DTW, Mithlomwen.   Imogen will be gone until Sunday, but I still need votes from the rest of the Cannolis.  Er...and it appears we have a tie for the Linguine boss.  In the tradition of democracy, we'll have a runoff election.  Esoteric Myobi and thirteen hearts, please vote for either Beguile's Mistress or Valerian.

Mithlomwen

Mith glanced around in surprise, blinking a bit in shock that everyone had such faith in her.  It made her smile and she nodded in thanks to everyone whom had voted for her.  She graced Dudelrok with a quirked brow, chuckling softly at his statement.  "That's an odd thing for you to say....especially considering that everyone knows that your mama ran your household....not your father.  Who was it boss came too when things needed done?  It sure wasn't dear old daddy now was it?" 

Looking around at the rest of the family, she sat back in her chair and thought for a few moments, choosing the person carefully.  I think Imogen would lead us right."  She said at last, nodding her head, liking her choice for Don.
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Imogen

Imogen pulled a slender cigarillo from the breast pocket of her black jacket, where it had rested with its fellows. She palmed a lighter and bowed her head to the tiny flame, glancing at Dudelrok from the corner of her eyes. She sat back in her seat, taking the occasional drag from her smoke while the others spoke their peace.

She smiled widely when Mith spoke and waved the hand holding her cigarillo, painting a ribbon of smoke. "Much appreciated,, Mithomwen, but I agree with the others." A twinkle lit the dark eyes from within. "We've tried brute force. Now, it's time for something else. For cunning, and decisive action."

"You have my support."

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

DudelRok

The meeting was going poorly, to say the least. Everyone with their high ideals and their free equality. But someone special hit a very specific nerve out of everyone. Mithlomwen, his soon to be Don if things continued, struck just the right note on just the right instrument. With a snort and a grumble, Dudel threw his hands up and gave up. "Least I had a mum to take care'a me." Grumbling some more, he really was one big mommy's boy at one point.

Out numbered and out matched, he really did admit defeat. "The Don's in charge and I know the family rules. Wont get to much trouble from my mouth, ain't need worry." Cracking his knuckles and then popping neck before resting flatly at the table he attacked not to long before, Dudel would do his job and keep the family moving like he knew he should. "Dames," He puffed out his mouth before crossing his arms, almost pouting like a child.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

thirteenhearts

Thirteen uses her heel to kick the back door open to the dancer's changing room at the Salty Seamen, startling the burlesque performers.  "I've been hearing things.  Like some of you dames are holding out on paying the house it's cut.  As you can imagine, this makes me very angry to hear."  Thirteen hissed at the dancers in a calm but confident manner.  Slowly, she hikes up her skirt showing the dancers the pearl handled .22 pistol that is haltered above her black stocking and looks each of the five dancers dead in the eye. 

"Now it's time to pay up ladies." and with that Thirteen approaches the dancers for the house cut of their tips.  The scared workers scramble for their coin purses among the dressing tables to fork over the dough.  Thirteen gets to the last dancer in line who speaks awkwardly offering apologies that she doesn't have the money.  A ruthless hard slap across the cheek stuns the dancer as Thirteen looks her in the eye and says coldly "You better have the dough by tomorrow or else!  I don't have time for your excuses and neither does Beguile's Mistress who's my vote for the Don."

Aiden

"As I can not vote for myself, then I would put my fate in the hands of Mithlomwen"

Remiel

Current voting:

Cannolis
Mithlomwen (6)
Imogen (1)

Linguines
Beguile's Mistress (4)
Valerian (3)
Rolin (1)

Yet to vote: DTW.

-----

Realizing that the longer they remained leaderless, the greater the advantage they would give their hated enemies in the inevitable turf war, both families put aside their internal squabbling and petty arguments and rallied behind their respective leaders: Don Mithlomwen Cannoli and Don Beguile's Mistress Linguine.  Their leaders chosen unequivocally, there could be no more dissent within either clan.  United as one, the Linguines began to plot their first moves against the Cannolis, just as the Cannolis began to plot their own first strike against the Linguines. 

Soon, there would be blood in the streets once more.

---

Unfortunately, until either DTW returns, or I can find a replacement for him, the game is on pause.  I hate to do this, everyone, but one family having more members than the other hands it a huge advantage.   :-\  Please tell your friends!  We need just one more person in order to proceed.

Remiel

With the identity of the two Dons made public knowledge, the tension in the streets of Little Italy had reached an almost palpable state.  Everyone could feel it -- the policemen walking their daily beats, the news criers on the corners, Mr. and Mrs. John Q Public as they went about their simple lives, working their simple jobs.  Worried mothers warned their children to stay indoors; shopkeepers glanced nervously out their shopfront windows.  No one wanted to be caught in the middle of the impending gang warfare.

For already, shady backroom deals were being brokered, as shadowy figures met in the backs of pawn shops and in secretive basements.  It was widely rumored that the Cannolis had secretly approached certain key members in the Linguine command structure, offering to buy them out in return for betraying their Family.  In response, the Linguines responded in kind, as neutral third parties acting as Linguine brokers approached select Cannolis in the same manner.   Most of those solicited in this manner refused outright, claiming angrily that no amount of money was worth their loyalty, but there were one or two Rats who did take the offer, who did sell out, effectively becoming spies for the enemy.

Just to remind everyone, the heads of the families are, respectively, Don Mithlomwen and Don Beguile's Mistress.  Very shortly, I will send out PMs, asking the two Dons to assign roles to their family members, but first, I will randomly select from each family the Rat, who essentially will be the traitor.   The Cannoli Rat, for example, will still be publicly identified as a Cannoli, but will secretly be working for the Linguines (as in only the Rat knows who the Rat is) and vice versa.  The Rats will be notified via PM.  If you do not receive a PM during this stage, you are not the Rat.

Remember, Don Mithlomwen and Don Beguile's Mistress are the leaders of their families, and as such, cannot be the Rat.

Cannoli Family                                          Linguine Family
Don Mithlomwen                                          Don Beguile's Mistress
Aiden                                          Absinthe Tori
Cassiopeia                                          Esoteric Myobi
Dudelrok                                          Lord Mayerling
Galanthor                                          Rolin
Imogen                                          Thirteenhearts
Moirae                                          Valerian
Ramster                                          Xandi

Remiel

The tension in Little Italy only continued to increase.  The time for violence was near.  Already, the two Dons began to plot and scheme, planning out how to best cripple their rivals' operations without drawing Federal attention.  For while the local cops were corrupt, weak, or incompetent, the last thing that anybody wanted was the intervention of the Feds.

Contrary to popular belief, a Mafia family was not a collection of ill-trained thugs.  It was a well-organized unit, with each member performing a specific and important function.  Although the Dons were at the head of the pyramid, they needed to rely on their underlings.  As such, they would appoint some of their associates to the posts of Underboss, Consigliere, Assassin, Caporegime, or Capo, and Bodyguard.  Even if an associate was not appointed to one of the major roles, he still could have an important function, like Wheelman, Lookout, or Soldati.  There were no useless or unimportant jobs in the Mafia.

The time has come for the Dons to assign roles to each member.  As a reminder, the chief responsibilities for each position are:

• Underboss: no special abilities, but will take over in the event that the Don is incapacitated or inactive.
  • Consigliere: will try to hunt out the Rat within his own ranks.
  • Capo: can protect one Family member each night from his opponents' vote.
  • Bodyguard: is responsible for protecting the Don from the enemy Assassin's bullet.
  • Assassin: has one chance to eliminate any target in the game, including the opposing Don, but can be blocked by the Bodyguard.

You will be contacted within the next few days by PM, informing you of your role.

Beguile's Mistress

Don Beguile leaned back in her seat, one arm hooked over the back and blood red nails tapping out a tatoo on the table top with her free hand.  Now that the members of the Linguine family had elected her to be their leader she had some important decisions to make.  Certain positions in the organization needed to be filled immediately before the Cannoli's formulated a plan of attack and made the first move. 

She knew her associates were loyal and trustworthy and thought long and hard about who would best serve the needs of the family above their own desires.  That was going to make the selection all the harder because each of the family members had their own unique qulities and all would put the good of the family first.  She was confident, once her options were fully examined, that those she picked would serve the family well and the others would fill in all the other holes that remained in the Linguine family. 

Pushing back her chair Beguile rose and strode across the room, long legs carrying her swiftly to the door of The Salty Seaman and out into the low evening light.  She slid into the back seat of the limousine waiting for her, flipped her long auburn hair over her shoulders and nodded to the driver as she handed him a sheet of paper with a list of names her violet eyes meeting his dark brown gaze.

"Take me to the first name on the list."  It was time to let everyone know who was running the family and who as going to be responsible for certain jobs in the well-oild machine she was building of the the Linquine family.