Murder on the Elliquiy Express (IC Thread) [Day 3]

Started by Kip, March 25, 2010, 08:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

After stowing his bags, Ryven decided to join the others in a celebratory drink for the first voyage of the Elliquiy Express.

"Good day to you."  He said as he approached Marguerite and Eden.  "Where can a guy get a martini around here??"  ^-^

Marguerite

Quote from: Ryven on March 27, 2010, 11:22:11 AM
After stowing his bags, Ryven decided to join the others in a celebratory drink for the first voyage of the Elliquiy Express.

"Good day to you."  He said as he approached Marguerite and Eden.  "Where can a guy get a martini around here??"  ^-^

"Good day to you Ryven and the drinks," she started and nodded towards the bartender, "are here." She leaned in to kiss Ryven's cheek and welcome another familiar face to the Elliquiy Express. "What are your plans on this trip? Visit family? Open up a store? See the sights?"
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Ryven

He smiles and returns the kiss politely before signaling to the bartender.  "Vodka martini, please."

Ryven turns back to Marg.  "I am just going to see the sights, really.  A trip on a whim.  The best kind, I think."

Marguerite

Thanking the bartender for her own refill, she slipped him the money along with a tip. She would cut back on the drinking before lunch and before she was to sleep. No good to go to bed with all alcohol in her system. She kept her liquor but just dining on alcohol was never the best course. That and it might ruin the experience here on the train. "Good to hear Ryven and even better when you can get away to enjoy yourself."

Nadir

Eden lifts hir teacup an a salute to Ry, and sips. "Leisure! Bah! I'm off hunting. I have a blunderbuss somewhere among the tea. Best way to transport it, I've found. Pip pip!"

Kip

As the guests were getting to know each other, Kip walked back into the carriage.  A few steps in, he paused and a group of immaculately dressed staff moved around him carrying platters with elaborately carved wooden boxes.  One by one, they silently placed the boxes on the table in front of each of the passengers, seemingly knowing the identity of each by sight.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, your suite key and some gifts are contained within.  Thank you again for travelling on board the Elliquiy express.  Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time through the buzzer located in each suite - I will be only too happy to help.  All suites are now ready and your luggage has been delivered however please do not feel rushed.  The lounge car is open twenty four hours a day and you may relax here as long as you desire."

With a subtle bow, he moved back and left the carriage, trailed by the staff.

When the passengers open the boxes, they find the keys engraved with a carriage and suite number.

Carriage A -
Suite 1 - Izu
Suite 2 - Kyrsa
Suite 3 - Marguerite
Suite 4 - Sinera
Suite 5 - Trieste

Carriage B -
Suite 1 - Ladysky
Suite 2 - Mithlomwen
Suite 3 - Pixilicious
Suite 4 - Spell
Suite 5 - Valerian

Carriage C -
Suite 1 - Cardwolf
Suite 2 - Eden
Suite 3 - Imogen
Suite 4 - Remiel
Suite 5 - Ryven
Suite 6 - Saffron

Carriage D -
Suite 1 - Aiden
Suite 2 - Beguile's Mistress
Suite 3 - Caeli
Suite 4 - Esoteric Myobi
Suite 5 - ScorpioQueen

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Autumn Sativus

After opening the box to check for her Suite and Carriage allocations, Saffron excuses herself from her seat and takes to her room for a few moments, changing into something more comfortable - a more flowing evening gown than the corset-style dress she had been wearing before. As she returned to the lounge room, she picked up a drink at the bar before going to sit down in a comfortable looking chair. She hadn't seen much of anyone she knew yet, it would be an interesting ride if this quiet kept up.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

LadySky

After receiving the ornate box containing her suite key LadySky arose and silently made her way out of the lounge car. Once in private she took long minutes to change her clothing, again wishing she could have worn something more intricate or delicate like the others. One could not be picky however when one was born in the gutter. She eyed herself in the full length mirror, noticing with a grimice that the scarlet drapery and bedding were of more expensive quality than her simply made evening gown.

Though beautiful in design the cheap imitation satin did little more than hang on her body. If not for her voluptuous curves the dress would likely have bored her to tears. A long suffering sigh slipped out, she grabbed a novel from her trunk and once more made her way into the crowd of passengers. She settled into an oversized chair, almost moaning as her body sank into the soft cushions. After ordering yet another stiff drink she buried her nose into the novel, letting her mind drift along with the lives of the characters within.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Beguile's Mistress

The workmanship and artistry of the carved boxes was exquisite and Beguile took a moment to study hers before opening it and removing the key and carriage designation.  After slipping them into her purse she picked up the box and left the lounge, picking up her coat on the way out. 

Sometime later she exited her compatment wearing a gown of ivory silk.  It was a deceptively simple appearing off-the-shoulder creation that draped intricately across the bodice and low across the back, a simple gold chain that ran across her back just above the shoulder blades kept the gown in place.  The skirt, yards of silk gathered at the waist swirled deliciously around her ankles and feet which were shod in dress sandals died to match the gown. 

As luck would have she entered the lounge shortly after LadySky and proceeded to the bar for a second dirty martini. "With two olives, please," Beguile asked the bartender with a smile.  Stepping over to LadySky she indicated the seat beside her and asked if she could join her.  Beguile sat without waiting for a reply and looked with interest at the gown the woman was wearing.

"Forgive me for staring," she said and smiled.  "I was admiring your outfit earlier and I can see the same quality of workmanship in your gown.  Tell me, who is your dress maker?"

Aiden

The suited gentlemen looked at his key and tried to locate some of the matching keys that opened the door to the suite he would be sharing. Leaving the ornate box on a table he pocketed the key and looked around the car for some type of entertainment. He frowned as the sound of the rails had begun to test his nerves and the hushed conversations made the place feel like a library.

He left the car for a moment to look around after hearing that musicians were on board to play, a matter of minutes later he returned with a man carrying a guitar case. The two were exchanging words and spoke of songs, the man was a Virtuoso and Aiden was eager to see if he could back up his claims.
"I am sure you must know a lot....but can you start with one of my favorites, La Malaguena *** por favor."
The musician moved into a small elevated stage to take a seat and set up. Aiden moved to slide of his coat and drape it over a chair to claim for later before he moved to the bar and ordered a mixed drink. A few notes were played by the man to adjust his instrument before he began.

LadySky

Again and again LadySky found her eyes moving from the words printed in her book to the lovely woman who had entered just behind her. The exquisite gown the woman wore took LadySky's breath away, she felt her heart pounding as she studied the intricate stitching and lovely material. Her hands itched to touch the beautiful creation.

When she realized the woman meant to sit beside her LadySky tensed, more used to serving a woman of this sort a meal while dressed in a maid's uniform than sitting with her as an equal while sharing a drink and conversation. A blush of pure pleasure raced up her cheeks and her dark chocolate eyes danced with joy as the woman complimented her own dress. Though made of cheap material LadySky was nonetheless proud of her work and being complimented for it served to give her a thrill she knew she would never tire of in this life.

"Thank you, your dress is truly breathtaking. My name is LadySky and actually............I designed my clothing and make them all myself." her throat became swollen with embarrassment, she had never actually told anyone of her secret dreams and this was the first time she had told anyone of her design abilities. Hope sprang within her heart, perhaps this dream trip on board the Elliquiy Express would open doors for her future?
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Beguile's Mistress

"How wonderful to have such talent," Beguile exclaimed.  "If I could manage to thread a needle I think my modiste would faint."  Chuckling softly at that Beguile sipped her martini then held her hand out to LadySky.  "I'm pleased to meet you, LadySky.  You may call me Beguile, if you wish."  As if realizing that her manner was somewhat formal Beguile leaned back in her chair and smiled brightly. 

"We must exchange addresses and telephone numbers.  You are truly talented and I may know someone who could use your skills.  Now, tell me, what brings you aboard the Elliquiy Express?"

Spell

Spell blinks as he is presented with a box in front of him. He opens it and finds a key and some gifts inside. Deciding that he wants to enjoy the sights in silence, he decides to go straight to his suite and watch and the prettiness that passed the window.
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Nadir

Eden stretches and snogs Mar then takes a final cup of tea to bed.

Marguerite

Quote from: Eden on March 27, 2010, 08:02:44 PM
Eden stretches and snogs Mar then takes a final cup of tea to bed.

Marguerite snogs Eden before going back to her own carriage to change and get herself ready for bed. She would join in having a glass of water but would keep herself from falling down drunk anytime soon. While she was no ordinary lady, she was not a drunken and falling over type of lady. "Dream of tea my dear Eden."

LadySky

She smiled and nodded, taking a sip of her drink as she tried to calm her racing heart. "Thank you so very much, it is heart warming to hear someone like what I do since I hope to make a career out of it in the future." Though nervous she could not help but feel comfortable with Beguile, she exuded a warmth that was comforting. "It is a great pleasure to meet you Beguile." she agreed enthusiastically to the exchange of numbers and hope again made her flush as she wondered what the future might bring thanks to the Elliquiy Express.

"I won a ticket giveaway actually. It was a total surprise, one I never would have believed possible when I entered the contest. Only one giveaway was held and I won it!" she laughed, still in shock at her good fortune. The screams of excitement coming from her family home the night she had won would be talked about for years to come. "What brings you to the Elliquiy Express Beguile?" she asked before waving for another round to be brought them from the bar.

Beguile's Mistress

"Good fortune seems to have brought you on this journey."  Beguile lifted her glass to LadySky.  "I on the other hand..."  At that moment a few notes from a guitar distracted her and she looked over to the musician and the man in the dark suite she had greeted earlier.  The guitarist began his number and immediately she was transported to a candle lit patio adjacent to a house on a warm beach, the sound of waves the backdrop for a recording of this song, La Malaguena.  A balmy twilight breeze stirred the leaves of trees and bushes, the heady perfume of night blooming flowers filled the air and warm hands held her close as the danced to the music.  Beguile was lost for a moment in her reverie as she relived that night.

"Oh.  Excuse me.  That song brings back memories."  She smiled softly at LadySky.  "You asked what brought me to this journey.  I recently lost someone close to me and I needed to get away from everything.  No one I know is aware of this train or that I'm on it."  Beguile sighed.  "Anyway, my story is a boring one.  Tell me about yourself.  Tell me about your life.  You have to much more interesting than anything that's going on with me."

sinera

Sinera shifted uneasily in her seat as some of the ladies left only to return wearing evening wear. Her hands twisted in her lap, hoping no one would call attention to the fact that she was under-dressed.

She returned her attention to the box in front of her, noting the lovely gifts including some rather exclusive perfume called "Eu de Elliquiy." She sniffed at it appreciatively, wondering if the men received a matching cologne.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Marguerite

Quote from: sinera on March 27, 2010, 09:22:11 PM
Sinera shifted uneasily in her seat as some of the ladies left only to return wearing evening wear. Her hands twisted in her lap, hoping no one would call attention to the fact that she was under-dressed.

She returned her attention to the box in front of her, noting the lovely gifts including some rather exclusive perfume called "Eu de Elliquiy." She sniffed at it appreciatively, wondering if the men received a matching cologne.

Marguerite looked over to Sinera, to the other individuals and smiled. "I know, a bit of a show especially since I doubt one is going to wear that to bed,' she answered, looking to her dress. It was a dress she had sent over from Turkey, a bit of a gypsy looking skirt that was another courtesy to Eden for remembering the gypsies went wherever he or she wanted to go. "Nice to meet you lassie, where are you going?"

Kye

After a long evening of wonderful food and even more pleasant company Kyrsa yawned noticably and smiled at her companions, blushing lightly in embarrassment.  "If you will please pardon me," she nods to Pixilicious, Card and the others at her table.  "I believe that is a hint that I should turn in for the evening.  I do hope you will all join me here in the morning for breakfast."  With a last nod she makes her way through the car, the beautifully carved box and key in her hand.

LadySky

Just as LadySky lifted her glass in salute to Beguile music filled the room. Haunting her new friend it seemed as she watched a longing look fill her eyes. LadySky knew that look, she had never experienced love nor loss herself but her mother had, she had seen that look come into her mothers eyes upon the death of her father. She shuddered, empathy filling her as she listened to the music and watched Beguile remember.

"I'm so very sorry for your loss, perhaps this adventure will bring new memories to comfort you!" she smiled warmly and tried to think of something interesting about herself or her life. With a laugh and a shrug she spoke, "My only claim to fame would be my family. I am the youngest of twelve children, all my siblings are loud and have the goal of producing just as many children as my parents did, each and every one of them." she laughed softly, her eyes dancing as she pictured her loud obnoxious family and their wild antics. "I however have decided to have a career, I shall be the crazy aunt who broke the family tradition!" Again she giggled, though she made sure to keep her tone low, not wishing to disturb the lovely music coming from the guitar.

Beguile's Mistress

A gentle smile and a nod of her head was Beguile's acknowledgment of LadySky's proffered sympathy.  A look of incredulity fixed itself on Beguile's face as the other woman told her about her family.

"Oh my goodness," she laughed softly.  "Twelve children and all but one trying to match your parents for the size of their families.  Why, that's...  that's...  that's a lot of people!"  She finished with a throaty laugh, the math of the matter having failed her. 

"I would love to see them all together for a holiday.  I'm an only child and I can't imagine it.  It must be fun!"  She reached out and put her hand on LadySky's for a second then leaned back in her chair, her hand on her stomach, still laughing.

"That's just the thought I need to clear away the blues!"

Kip

Time seemed to fly by on the first night of travel as the Elliquiy Express moved smoothly along the tracks.  Before long, all that could be seen through the windows were the lights from houses and, as the train moved into more rural locales, even the fireflies of light were few are far between.  Mouth-watering gourmet meals were served in the dining car and to personal sweets and most would agree that the layered chocolate dessert was beyond anything they had tasted before.  The lull of the music and the pleasant chatter between new companions slowly wore down even the most social of the passengers and finally, all were asleep in their suites.  The soft cushioned beds and warm quilts, together with the rocking of the train, quickly saw most guests sink into a dream state.

There were however, footsteps to be heard around the train in multiple carriages.  Doorknobs were tried and faint curses were heard as some rooms were inaccessible.  One room however was quickly broken into and there sounds of the struggle were strangely muffled.

When Ladysky didn't appear for the gourmet three course breakfast the next morning, Kip went to the room and knocked quietly on the door.  "My dear Ladysky?" he called gently and received no response.  Calling another staff member to his side for propriety's sake, he unlocked the door and tactfully entered the room only to gasp in shock as he found the budding designer had suffered a most ignoble passing.  Blue in the face, she had been suffocated by the rags of the dress she had so proudly worn the night before.

Trembling, Kip went back into the restaurant car.

"I... I am sorry to be the bearer of... bad news.  Ladysky has.... passed away... overnight and I believe that a helping hand was no help at all.  She was indeed just a lucky person who won the prize to join us and... well... she was just excited to be a Passenger.  The guilty party must be removed when we stop at the next station, Bondage Central, later today.  Who shall it be?" he said in appeal to the passengers arrayed in front of him.

In your first post, please select a player from the following list to disembark from the train -

Player List :
Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Caeli
Cardwolf
Eden
Esoteric Myobi
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Ladysky - Passenger, Killed Night 1.
Marguerite
Mitholmwen
Pixilicious
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
ScorpioQueen
Sinera
Spell
Trieste
Valerian

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Nadir

Eden puts down her cup of tea and is respectfully silent for a minute, then looks suspiciously around. "I have a notion that we will be rid of the guilty party should we forcefully eject the personage... of Kyrsa!"

Cardwolf

Cardwolf got up and yawned at first, then his eyes grew wide as he looked around at everyone.  "Whats going on?"  He suddenly heard Kip's speech and he covered his mouth.  "Oh God...you mean all those rumors were real!"