Mulholland High [Complete]

Started by Valerian, November 27, 2009, 01:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

It's just another ordinary day at Mulholland High School, an ordinary school, much like any other in the midwestern United States.  On the practice field, football players show off for the cheerleaders.  At a picnic table, lab geeks plot an exhibit for the upcoming science fair.  In the parking lot, bad boys talk about fixing up cars and several less savory after-school activities while ogling passing girls.  In short, another ordinary day.

But somewhere, not far away, life is anything but ordinary.

We're not alone in the universe.  And several students from Mulholland High are about to find that out the hard way...

The Players:

• Xandi
  • Ryven
  • LadySky
  • sinera
  • Elandra
  • Amberghylles
  • Remiel
  • Kurzyk
  • Marguerite
  • Mithlomwen
  • Doomsday
  • Kip
  • Izu
  • Ket
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Pod People! (3)
Ability: Because human brains are just so tasty.  The Pod People vote among themselves and choose one student to remove each night.
Goal: To kill the others and take over the school.

Brood Alien (1)
Ability: It never hurts to have an emergency backup.  The Brood Alien can turn one other player into a pod person, once during the game, at night.  This is in addition to whatever player the aliens choose to attack that night.
Goal: To kill the others and take over the school.

Hall Monitor (1)
Ability: With great power comes great responsibility, and you always check everyone's hall pass.  This player can choose to save one player each night by PMing that player's name to the Principal (Val). If the chosen player was also voted to be killed by the pod people, that person will not die.  The hall monitor can protect him or herself once each game.
Goal: To kill all the pod people and survive.

Peer Counselor (1)
Ability: Usually this counseling gig is pretty dull, but you'd be amazed at the things you can learn if you just pay attention.  This player can PM the Principal (Val) to have one player's role revealed privately to them each night.

Lab Geek (1)
Ability: They laughed at you for spending so much time in the chem lab, but now it's your turn to laugh.  Once each game, during a lynch, this player may interrupt and use their special ability to determine if the person about to be lynched is an alien.  If the person shows as innocent, the lynch is stopped and no one is lynched that day.  If the person is revealed as an alien, the lynch will go ahead as planned.

Students (7)
This isn't exactly the sort of education you were expecting, but you're stuck with it, and you have to muddle through as best you can.  Their goal is to kill all the pod people via the lottery and survive.

Elected role:
Class President (1)
Ability: Sometimes, it really pays to schmooze.  In the event of a tie during lynch votes, the class president chooses who will meet their maker.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

Remiel pauses in the act of flexing for the cheerleaders, a football clutched, as it always is, in his hand.

"I should totally be class president, because I'm like, totally the best looking.  And I'm the best athlete this school has. I've been scouted by both University and State! Yeah, I'm awesome.  But, uh....since I can't vote for myself, I'll vote for...Mithlomwen, because she's totally hot!  I would so do her, brah!"

Ryven

"I vote for Kip to be class president!"

Ryven unzips his backpack to reveal a plethora of muffins.  He takes one out and begins to nom on it.

Elandra

A bookworm, Elandra spent most of her time in the library, studying to gain that coveted scholarship into the most prestigious of universities. She was well on her way of becoming Valedictorian which was her ultimate goal.

Not wanting anything to do with politics when it came time to vote, she went with her gut, avoiding the class clown football stud and going with Xandi.
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

LadySky

LadySky grabbed a muffin from Ryven's bag and ran down the hall laughing. Before she slipped into the girls bathroom she yelled out, "I vote for sinera!"

Locking herself into a stall she noms a muffin while sipping from her vodka filled "team Jacob" water bottle.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Kurzyk

Sitting up in his chair in the back of the room Kurzyk popped a stick of gum in his mouth. He'd already been busted for smoking twice and didn't feel like detention again. This saturday was the big race and he intended to win it. Having spent all week tweaking his engine, big money came with high stakes and he wasn't gonna let some scrub teachers bring him down.

Eyeing Mith sitting in the next row his eyes passed over her from the top down and back up again.

"I'll uh.. vote for Mith," he said with a scruffy voice and a sly grin.

Mithlomwen

Mith blinked at Rimiel, blushing slightly at his rather rambunctious vote for her as class president.  "Wow um....wow, that was really um....flattering?"  She blinked, looking out at the rest of the class, shrugging her shoulders.  She tended to be thought of as one of the 'goth chicks' at the high school but didn't really pay that much mind.  She was who she was and made no bones about it. 

Her eyes were drawn to Kurzyk,  taking note of the way he was checking her out as he voted for her.  What was it....no one ever payed her much mind, and today of all days not one but TWO guys were trying to elect her class president?  He was much more her type than the jock boy football player, but that still didn't stop her confusion at all of the attention.  She shook her head and looked back at the rest of the class. 

"Well I'm not going to vote for myself."  She said quietly, shrugging her shoulders.  "I'll vote for Kip, he seems like a nice guy." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Autumn52

Xandi was smoking in the girls restroom when LadySky came in yelling out her vote for president.

Xandi put out her ciggie and went to the door and yelled out her vote for Elandra saying, she is a doll.

Xandi straighten her pom poms before leaving the restroom to flirt with all the boys.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Izu

"Oooh... muffins..." He mumbled under his nose as he hurried to Ryven's side, looking at him with a shy smile. "May I?" He asks, pointing at the muffins with a slender finger. "I vote for Ryven."

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Valerian

Current voting (Class President):

Mithlomwen (3) - Remiel, Kurzyk, Amberghylles
Elandra (2) - Xandi, Marguerite
Kip (2) - Ryven, Mith
LadySky (2) - Ket, Kip
Ryven (1) - Izu
sinera (1) - LadySky
Xandi (1) - Elandra
Amberghylles (0)
Doomsday(0)
Izu (0)
Ket (Ribbons & Bows) (0)
Kurzyk (0)
Marguerite (0)
Remiel (0)

Yet to vote:  Doomsday, sinera

There are 3 Pod People, 1 Brood Alien, 1 Hall Monitor, 1 Peer Counselor, 1 Lab Geek, and 7 Students.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Marguerite

I put my vote in for Elandra.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Ryven

Quote from: Izu on December 01, 2009, 03:28:54 AM
"Oooh... muffins..." He mumbled under his nose as he hurried to Ryven's side, looking at him with a shy smile. "May I?" He asks, pointing at the muffins with a slender finger. "I vote for Ryven."

*pulls out a muffin and hands it to Izu* ;D

Izu

*munches happily on it* ^w^

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Amberghylles

Amberghylles blinks and wanders along the hallway looking a bit lost, being a transfer and new to all of this.  As the voting goes on around him, he tilts his head and nods at the goth girl that seems to be garnering all the attention and nods.  "Um... I'll vote for her," he adds in as he points to Mithlomwen.

Ket

Ket ran in, late as normal, having spent entirely too much time on finding just the perfect look for the day. She dropped her books on her desk and sat down with a slight slouch. Voting for class president wasn't exactly her idea of fun, neither was school really, and she didn't exactly care who won, so long as they kept the social calendar lively. Picking a name out of thin air, she blurted out LadySky before digging in her backpack for her compact and hairbrush.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Kip

Kip sat at a desk close to the door, almost like he was itching to escape the classroom at the first possible opportunity.  The look of boredom on his face was obvious and in his mind all he wanted to do was get home to play his playstation.  For the moment though, he watched the door open and close as more people kept on entering the class.

"I say Ladysky is a good choice." he said hesitatntly.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Doomsday

Doomsday is late to class again; But he turned out to be doubly late, for when he arrived at his class it was empty. Everyone was electing the new class president in the auditorium!

"Gah, I, ah," he gasped, catching his breath. "Meh, ah, argh, sinera. That's who I vote for," he stammered, his hands resting on his thighs as he panted for breath. "My, uh, car takes forever to defrost in the morning, and that's why I was late."

Valerian

Current voting (Class President):

Mithlomwen (4) - Remiel, Kurzyk, Amberghylles, Elandra
Kip (2) - Ryven, Mith
LadySky (3) - Ket, Kip, sinera
sinera (2) - LadySky, Doomsday
Ryven (1) - Izu
Xandi (0)
Amberghylles (0)
Doomsday(0)
Izu (0)
Ket (Ribbons & Bows) (0)
Kurzyk (0)
Marguerite (0)
Remiel (0)

There are 3 Pod People, 1 Brood Alien, 1 Hall Monitor, 1 Peer Counselor, 1 Lab Geek, and 7 Students.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

sinera

sinera jumped when LadySky voted for her - then grins. "LadySky has great taste - in presidential choice and guys!" She laughs and points to the 'Team Jacob' stickers all over her notebook.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Elandra

Realizing that it might be a tie and not wanting her name to be amongst the ones considered in a run-off, Elandra changed her vote to Mithlomwen.
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Valerian

Final voting (Class President):

Mithlomwen (4) - Remiel, Kurzyk, Amberghylles, Elandra
Kip (2) - Ryven, Mith
LadySky (3) - Ket, Kip, sinera
sinera (2) - LadySky, Doomsday
Ryven (1) - Izu
Xandi (0)
Amberghylles (0)
Doomsday(0)
Izu (0)
Ket (Ribbons & Bows) (0)
Kurzyk (0)
Marguerite (0)
Remiel (0)

With a Class President chosen, the students adjourned to their various favorite pastimes.  Some planned for the future, some didn't think past the next party, some just let whatever would happen, happen.  But none of them imagined what would the next day would bring.

By first bell the next morning, the rumors were already spreading.  Tom, one of the smartest kids in the school, was dead!  And horribly dead, too, with bits of him found scattered throughout the library.  The room was closed off now, and no one was talking -- or doing anything.  The students began to realize that they would have to look after themselves, if they hoped to live until the next semester...

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

Remiel was posing in front of the boys' bathroom mirror, flexing in his Letterman jacket, when he heard the news.  "Tom who?" he asked.  "Oh, he was that...nerd who sat in front of me in Geography.  I remember that little nerd.  I gave him a wedgie in Freshman year gym class.  It's a shame, but at least it wasn't one of the popular kids." He shrugged.  "Hey, wanna see me throw a pass, brah? Go long!"

Mithlomwen

Still in a bit of shock at being elected class president, Mith wandered into class and sat down.  Shaking her head at Remiel and frowning.  "Not everyone can be a golden boy you know."  She grouched crossing her arms over her chest.  "He didn't deserve that.....and the way he died...."  She shuddered visibly and wrapped her arms around herself, rubbing the goosebumps that had risen along her arms.  "What a horrible way to go...." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Amberghylles

Amberghylles comes in looking disappointed.  "They wouldn't let me in the library..." he mutters as he moves to take a seat, "But I hear they still haven't found all of the pieces yet.  That's just crazy...  What kind of person would do something that?  Heck, what kind of person could do something like that?"