News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

On Dingo

Started by Dingo, March 11, 2009, 06:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

This is the first of hopefully many weekly blogs here on Elliquiy. In these, I will give my opinion. Upon reading this you will probably say: “Nothing special. Many bloggers voice their opinions.” But here's the thing that should make this one stand out. Instead of voicing my opinion about topics I choose, I will voice my opinion about a subject chosen by you, my readers. If you enjoy reading this you should most definitely leave a remark in the comments about something you are interested in to hear my opinion about. Please don't be sensitive. I promise I will write an opinion about everything that does not break the site's rules. I might probably have to use a poll on site to pick the subject of my next blog. But we'll see about that when it comes to that. At first I am just hoping that people will read this.

I have opinions about many things, but there are plenty I have no absolutely no opinion or even knowledge about. This format will challenge me to form an opinion about things that I would normally not even consider and to read up on them.

So what does one write in the first blog, where the goal is to give an opinion on anything. Well that is no shock. That would be the writer himself.

I would be lying if I said that I really don't have an opinion about myself. Truth be told, my opinion about myself isn't that flattering. I'm arrogant, controlling, loud, verbally aggressive and many times just a total asshole. I'm also fairly easy on the eyes, tall and skinny. I tend to forget my appearance however because I do not really care about it and so many times you'll see me with a beard of seven weeks and hair that would need a haircut. I am however clean, because I can't stand my own smell. I'm thirty-one years old and male and I have a minor excuse for all those things I just mentioned, but only very minor. I don't care about money and I hate that, because I am nearly always broke.

There is also a side that is much more difficult to see and it is my opinion that people take too little time to see that one. I'm caring, protective, shy and sometimes I just care too much.

I watch too many movies and spend too much time behind my computer. I am too addicted to role playing, computer games and watching television series, some of those not even on the national television. I am a very nationalistic Dutchman, but I also consider myself a World Citizen. I speak three languages fluent, and can understand what is written in a dozen more.

I am very opinionated and in a bout of arrogance decided that it would be very interesting for other people to read those opinions. I also like a challenge, so I decided to give those other people the chance to ask my opinion on anything.

I am from the Netherlands and proud of it. I have owned wooden shoes and I hated them. I have smoked pot and might occasionally do so again, but even though it is almost legitimate here it is still illegal. But those are the complexities of politics and law and I won't go there now, this is my opinion about myself. I love to talk about politics, economics all colored through my own eyes. I like history and I abhor sports. I keep in shape by riding my bicycle almost everywhere within a reasonable distance and take public transportation beyond. I don't have a car and I don't have a driver's license and I don't care.

It's in my opinion that I have given you a pretty clear picture about my own opinion of myself here.

blue rose

So you finaly decided to share your opinion with the world hmm ?
Very well. Good for you.

I wholeheartedly agree on your opinion of yourself ~grins~
See, it only took a 2000 word blog for me to agree with you. It can be done.

Kudoos and I'm looking forward to read some more sense coming out of you. Though the thought is scary.

:-*
Qui que tu sois, voici ton maitre. Il l’est, le fut, ou le doit être Voltaire about Eros O & O Story Ideas

At the touch of your hand At the sound of your voice At the moment your eyes meet mine
I am losing my mind I am losing control Fighting feelings I can't define

Greenthorn

What is your opinion on being protective?  Are there times when someone with a protective nature go too far?  Do protective people seek out those who have a need to be protected? And what about those who seek out protective people...what is your opinion of them?

Figured I'd give you a topic ;D

Petra

What genre of movies, games, role-plays do you find most interesting to write? Is there a correlation, you think, between these genres? As in, you like to watch this, and most people, once seeing something like to try these things themselves.

And as a Dutchmen and World Citizen, which opinions coincide? Do you feel that what is going on in the world, (leadership, economy, wars) are they the right decisions for your country, and/or for the world?

^___^

-Petra

Bishrook aka Fate sisters

(I like you-grins)
You say you like politics, history and economics. So do I.
I think the hottest (pardon the pun) issue today is Global warming and what to do about it.
Clearly we need to reduce CO2 accumulation but how?
What about coping with Climate change?
As a dutchman this might affect you personally with rising sea levels.
Thank for an interesting first blog entry.
Steph
Weaver of threads
 Clotho who spins,Lachesis who weaves Atopos who cuts
We are the fate sisters, the Moerae, who apportion your destiny.
ons and offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7310.0

srl

Oh dear, just started and already so many good ideas :)

I would be interested in you reading up on Europe, its recent developments and their ramifications to possible unification.

Dingo

Thank you all for your nice comments, I hope that many more will follow.

I would like to direct your attention here where you can vote on the subject of my next blog.

blue rose

Since your dancecard for this week has allready been filled I'd like to add one for your next pole

(self) responsibility specifically in large groups
Qui que tu sois, voici ton maitre. Il l’est, le fut, ou le doit être Voltaire about Eros O & O Story Ideas

At the touch of your hand At the sound of your voice At the moment your eyes meet mine
I am losing my mind I am losing control Fighting feelings I can't define