News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Good Work Never Ends [PATHFINDER]

Started by Ghostwheel, October 13, 2013, 10:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inash

I'll try to come up with something tomorrow

Ghostwheel

Quote from: godfang on October 13, 2013, 06:19:57 PM
oc's are original characters. I don't actually think there's anything wrong with my english, but if you can't understand them i guess i'll play with someone else who does.

For what it's worth, the lack of capitalization threw me off, but no prob :-)

Quote from: lockepick on October 13, 2013, 06:36:25 PM
BTW: Are we allowed to take any traits? If so, how many?

Yes, 2 of 'em.

Quote from: Inash on October 14, 2013, 12:39:51 AM
I'll try to come up with something tomorrow

Sounds good.

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest! However I need study the LoL material to get feel of the setting.

But a question; is Summoner (Base Class) allowed? I am not going to Synthesist, either standard summoner or Wild Caller or Broodmaster archtypes (not sure are there elves in setting).

However, I did notice in league of legends they use summoners conjure champions and lesser summoners sending mindless minions to aid champion in the arena battles. So I imagine being summoner is one common magical professions.

Ghostwheel

You don't need to justify it--yes, summoners are fine, regardless of what archetype they take. I don't mind if you go Synthesist if you want. There's a pre/misconception that they're too powerful, but having done the math I can pretty well say it's not true.

As for the summoners in the League of Legends, they're often 1st-level commoners or whatever--the Institute of War provides the means to summon and control champions upon the Fields of Justice, so being a summoner is not necessarily a common magical profession, and I'd even daresay it's pretty rare.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ghostwheel

Sounds good, add the other stuff as well to your application? (Appearance, background, etc etc etc)

Muse

Background is at the bottom of the sheet.  Let me find you her character portrait and I'll write up more on her appearance. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Lockepick

My sheet is actually almost done (except gear), I just need to do some research on the setting to work on my backstory. I will have something posted by Wednesday at the latest, but hopefully before tomorrow!

For the record: Going Human Spellthief. Though most of the people here probably have seen me trying to get this to work for a couple of games that have collapsed!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Muse on October 14, 2013, 07:50:37 AM
Background is at the bottom of the sheet.  Let me find you her character portrait and I'll write up more on her appearance. 

Quote from: lockepick on October 14, 2013, 08:23:00 AM
My sheet is actually almost done (except gear), I just need to do some research on the setting to work on my backstory. I will have something posted by Wednesday at the latest, but hopefully before tomorrow!

For the record: Going Human Spellthief. Though most of the people here probably have seen me trying to get this to work for a couple of games that have collapsed!

Sounds good, I've added a list of applicants to the original post. Get your characters in if you want a spot, like I've said before, I'll be taking 4-6 people based on background, concept, and the like!

Anon315

I'd like to play a Psionic class if that's all right, still whittling it down between Marksman, Psion, and Cryptic. THERE ARE TOO MANY GOOD CHOICES!! Might just go back to a Witch or something as we seem to have a lack of healing-centric folks and a Witch at 14th level is a formidable force.

As to asking about classes, there is pretty much an example of any class and most races within the game. Summoner? Yorick, maybe. He summons undead ghoul thingies. Annie summons Tibbers, who is kinda like an eidolon on the short term.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Anon315 on October 14, 2013, 09:46:47 AM
I'd like to play a Psionic class if that's all right, still whittling it down between Marksman, Psion, and Cryptic. THERE ARE TOO MANY GOOD CHOICES!! Might just go back to a Witch or something as we seem to have a lack of healing-centric folks and a Witch at 14th level is a formidable force.

I know we have a soulknife, so any of those would be fine.

As far as a healer, someone's already PMed me and told me that they'd like to make someone who focuses almost exclusively on healing, though we'll see if they post their sheet in the near future and actually get into the game.

Blinkin

Updated the original character post with a vague sort of background. I couldn't settle on a place so she's just not sure where she's from... If you need more, I'll have to have some suggestions on locations.

I should have the character sheet tonight.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Anon315

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 14, 2013, 10:10:42 AM
I know we have a soulknife, so any of those would be fine.

As far as a healer, someone's already PMed me and told me that they'd like to make someone who focuses almost exclusively on healing, though we'll see if they post their sheet in the near future and actually get into the game.

Ahh, nice. Soulknife, Spellthief, I'm seeing some glass cannon-ish classes. We have a summoner, so we might have a tanky eidolon so as to alleviate the need for a frontliner. I think I will go Marksman. Character developing over the next few hours.

Lockepick

This might be the first game in existence that doesn't have a single wizard and/or cleric in it...
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Ghostwheel

It might be my lengthened spellcasting thingy :-3

That said, without it, casters can very easily make other classes redundant, especially at higher levels. This way the tanks out front have an actual role of protecting the squishies long enough for them to get off their world-shattering spells ;D

Zaer Darkwail

Or my case; Eidolon although summoners do not have much in combat spell department.

Blinkin

Working on a ranger who'll end up acting more like a patriot missile battery than a archer... Definently not a front line type, but from as little as a few feet, a damage disher-outer if she can hit.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

EndofDivine

Well, here's mine. In the context of the actual game, I think she'd best be described as a mix between Zed and Akali with a dash of Kassadin thrown in for flavor (and because the Void reeks of Lovecraft and awesome). Mostly just heavily focused on stealth, mobility, and lots of hot sneak attack action. Another glass cannon type too...but to be fair, I totally started on this idea before you guys posted your ideas. So stop copying me you guys.

Character Sheet

Fluffy Bits
Background: Rin is a relic of an age long past that has found herself in a strange new world; a world where nearly every trace of the legacy she struggled so hard to maintain has vanished. Her story begins over 200 years ago on the island of Ionia. Rin was raised among the Kinkou clan, a peaceful existence dedicated to the pursuit of enlightenment and personal perfection. The strength of Rin's body and mind soon placed her above her peers, her dedication catching the eyes of her masters and the clan's leadership as she came of age. They sought a student worthy of the clan's shadow technique, a student that possessed the strength of spirit necessary to not fall victim to desire and ambition. It had been decades since someone had been chosen for the honor, countless others before her had fallen into corruption. The Kinkou were prepared to seal the ancient secrets away, shunning the uncontrollable thirst for power that the darkness brought...but Rin was to be their last chance; a final test and the deciding factor of the shadow's fate. She would undergo the training and the trials necessary and prove to the clan that the shadows weren't to be feared.

The years of training yielded only mild success. Rin's abilities were certainly enhanced - to the point where she was without equal amongst the clan - but she held back from using the full potential lest she lose control and become a slave to the shadow. Still, when a creature from the void found itself on the island nation, Rin was the champion chosen to force it back into the darkness. In that capacity, she succeeded, driving the creature back to the realm that spawned it. However, Rin was also pulled into the hungering void as she worked to seal the creature's entrance to this world. Her clan kept vigil for months, hoping beyond hope that Rin could find her way back. It was only after a year had passed that the patrols stopped. As far as they could tell, Rin had either perished or fallen victim to the corruption of the void. Either way, the last hope for the shadow technique was extinguished, a failed experiment that would be locked away and forgotten.

But while the world moved on, Rin wandered the Void for months, too weak to escape but too strong to be overcome by the dark and twisted creatures that called the realm home. To survive, she did as she had always done: she adapted. She came to rely more and more on the shadows in this dark plane of alien nature and, in time, she even came to rely on the energies from the Void itself. It wasn't until she surrendered to the strange powers that she found the strength to escape; allowing the void to touch her mind and seep into her body. With her newly void-infused shadow abilities, Rin was finally able to tear her way out of the realm's grasp...only to find a world that was almost as alien as the one she had left. While she spent what only felt like months surrounded by the Void, two centuries had passed in the real world. Her clan had been replaced by a dark perversion of the very powers she fought so hard to control and the influence of Noxus had tainted her island home.

Left without a family, clan, or home, Rin wandered the land before encountering the Institute of War. A force of balance in a war-torn world...it felt familiar in a way and spoke to the obligations she held in her earlier life. While the Kinkou would not approve of solving disputes with violence, the Institute at least provided a guiding hand that sought to bring order to the land.

Appearance: Even with the presence of the Void that still lingers inside her, Rin appears to be human in every way despite the changes she's undergone. Her medium length black hair alternates between hanging down near her shoulders, partially hiding her face and gray eyes, or being pulled back into a ponytail depending on the situation. Her skin has a light olive tone and she carries a few colorful tattoos of symbols important to the Kinkou on her back, shoulder, and arms.

Rin typically dresses in darker colors such as blacks and grays and wears clothing and armor that is as light and flexible as possible. She usually hides her face like others of her clan though it's more out of habit these days rather than trying to hide her identity. Her dual weapons hang near her lower back, symbols of good fortune etched into their hilts. The first sword, Raitou, was a gift from the Tempest, a sword of sparkling steel that harnessed the speed and power of the skies. The second sword, Kurokage, a darkened blade with an ebony handle, was a relic passed down from the previous student of shadows.

Personality: Rin has a serene nature and others will find her to be patient and accepting in all things. She's a bit reserved as she doesn't really understand this new world or the people within it. Deep down, she desires to find her place in this time and she will do whatever she can to make others like her and fit in, sometimes trying a bit too hard and just making herself look even more out of place than she already is.

Rin also hides a darker nature deep within herself. The Void has touched her mind and spirit and it cries out to her constantly, demanding chaos and destruction. It's only been through Rin's overpowering determination and strength of mind that she's been able to keep the hunger inside her at bay. And while the Void's power has it's benefits, Rin seeks to rid herself of its taint in any way she can.

Inash

I'm thinking a halfling magus/fighter.  Today I turning busy on me, and i haven't had a chance to jot anything down yet.

Muse

If ghost is talking about me, I'm a Wilder, not a Soul Knife.  :) 

Zaer Darkwail

Work in process folks. Will edit this post later include background details and also appearance of eidolon. Went for Wild Caller archtype.

Zirus Darkleaf
Lanfaer (eidolon)

Once upon time there was rich green kingdom in southern parts of Valoran, it was called Twilight Woods, a forest of eternal shadow and lush and green with life. It was domain of ancient civilization of elves known as Dusk Elves, elves who embraced shadow and the darkness of the night and worshiped ancient forces of nature and the moon itself.

However, despite centuries reign they were overcome and soon their forestry realm was ravaged from resources and over time once lush place became known as Shurima Desert which in itself has long history of ancient kingdom which details are forgotten. To most the Twilight Woods is mere myth, fanciful tale of civilization which never existed. Or did it exist?

Zirus Darkleaf's tale begins from more than millenia ago; his mother was priestess of moon goddess and also heir of the kingdom who was kidnapped and raped by human mage warlord before she was rescued. When Zirus was born she died, leaving Zirus as only legitimate heir by right of blood but because he was half-blood he was viewed much with scorn and dislike by rest dusk elves. So he have got a very awful start on his life. He had a cousin who hungered for throne but kept his desire in secret and became his best friend when Zirus was nine. One day when they were playing in woods he dared him to go to forbidden grove; a place which was forbidden for his people to enter.

Zirus, with strong feel to prove himself went to forbidden grove and went deeper than anyone ever before. Feeling triumphant that he had got rid of Zirus the half-blood prince the cousin went screaming around the village he had entered forbidden grove and had not returned! Zirus was gone for a year and in that time his cousin was chosen as new heir. However, in that year Zirus met first time Lanfaer who was ancient guardian of the grove. A frightening dark guardian who was tasked to slay any mortal who dared enter realm of the immortal feys and defy their laws. But she admired Zirus courage and spared him, with condition he stays for year entertain the feys and fey alike creatures of the grove. A condition which young Zirus accepted.

So Zirus entertained feys with stories, playing games with them and just being himself. He found acceptance among them (a luxury which he had never experienced before) and also his sorcerous powers awakened and were forever more influenced by ancient powers of the twilight woods. He returned year later from forbidden grove, a feat which no dusk elf had ever achieved before and his cousin demanded him to be banished or executed, even blaming him to be fraud. Zirus, hurt by betrayal of his friend called upon his powers bring forth his eidolon; Lanfaer herself. Upon manifesting in front of the court he reclaimed his throne while Lanfaer showed simple wicked justice of the feys by devouring his cousin who had betrayed his trust and fooled him to enter forbidden grove. Since then Zirus was respected but also feared by his own people because of his powers to call upon mythical creatures of the twilight woods onto his aid, including manifestation of it's one most powerful guardian.

However, his reign was not peaceful one as human kingdom (which in future will found Shurima kingdom) continued encroach their woods; feeling trees and using magic recklessly which drained too much natural magic from Valoran itself! Dusk elves practiced magic but they practiced carefully as they knew the risks and effects what overuse magic would cause! A whole ten years since taking the throne Zirus had faced horrors and terror of warfare, participating many battlefields where he employed his magic and proved to be one most powerful champions of his people. His enemies knew this and so one their powerful mages cornered him in one battlefield and they fought, however when Zirus was about finish off his opponent he was ambushed by assassins who used venom created from blood of basilisk....which resulted in Zirus body turning into stone.

Dusk elves were soon crushed after and his statue form was taken as a trophy by the same powerful mage who's assassin ally had laid the killing blow on the half-blood prince. So Shurama kingdom was founded and the civilization recklessly used their magic to drain all natural energy and turn once lush region into desert just in couple generations. Then came time when Shurama kingdom fell and became mere legend and rest world continued on while Zirus remained as a statue. Then came Runewars and then chaotic energies in near cataclysmic era then broke the ancient once unbroken curse; cracking the statue shattered and Zirus was once again breathing and wondering what sort of world he had awakened to!

Since then Zirus had studied history and catch up on things, faced sadness with seeing that twilight woods did not exist anymore. Lanfaer herself also had weakened and retired for good into celestial realm and continue her hunts under shadow of the stars. Zirus knew the catastrophe was coming and what was the reason for it. Zirus met one the powerful summoners who then founded Institute of War and helped found League of Legends as alternative to open warfare conflict where magic raged rampart and caused much harm to Runeterra. Since then Zirus has worked as agent of the Institute of War for good many years. He is skilled diplomat and his own powers are nothing to shrug at, but he tries avoid violence when he can as he knows true nature of bloody warfare as he had once been a king of kingdom which is mere myth to even most talented scholars.

Personality: Zirus had long time ago mourned and moved past on loss of his kingdom. He has no desires become king again as he knew how much burden such task can be. So he focus on keeping peace and finding lasting peace in Valoran. He is jaded but he is not cold; he just has seen so much bloodshed and horror in his life he is no longer easily shaken by it. Zirus does not much advertise his origin; he mostly shrugs off any questions or inquiries about his past and that has given him mysterious feel to most other people. To him his own past is ancient history, literally speaking so he does not bother talk about it. So he focus on living on present and planning little for his own future. So far he had become fan of watching the League of Legend games like most rest Valoran has and he has his own favorites as well. But despite being skilled summoner he himself desires not become contestant. However, even if he dislikes violence he does not shy using it if that's all what it takes to stop suffering. As after all, he lived in close contact with feys and Lanfaer herself reminds him often wisdom of the long forgotten feys and their ways. Even kindest feys can be ruthless when survival is at stake.

Appearance: Zirus stands six foot tall with white hair which where he has two braids in right side of his face and right side is long archaic tattoo. His skin has dark bronze and his body is well toned and athletic. He has sharp ears and facial features and faintly glowing amber eyes. He usually wears dark silk shirt and dark leather pants and gray long boots along with white overcoat with a hood. He wears a dark blue satchel hanging from leather belt where near is two wands and one rod tucked in. He also carries a dark wooden crossbow in other side of his hip with filled bolt clip. Besides these items he carries his most powerful magic item; Staff of the moon, which was symbol of nation which king he was of but now it's symbolism is lost as is the nation. Yet the staff still retains it's potent enchantments which is reason why he carries it (besides it's sentimental value).

Lanfaer takes form as bat winged large panther with eyes which shine with silvery hue of moonlight. However at times during experimenting with spells and evolution's she has two other forms; one as dusky skinned feline woman and a panther centaur hybrid (as sometimes having hands is useful as she says). When Lanfaer has been summoned, both she and Zirus share a glowing tattoo. As clever ruse Zirus had copied the summoner's rune into his face as black tattoo but when it's truly active it glows in purple light and it glows in same spot in Lanfaer.

Zaer Darkwail

A question; Wild Caller adds 1/4 of summoner level on evolution pool amount. However half-elf favored class feature also can give same bonus; would the bonuses stack? Or change it for easier math to be 1/2 of summoner level (same number in 20th level and so on but in present 14th I would have +7 evolution points instead +6).

Ebb

First cut at stats for Borpal, from the Bubbling Bog. Grippli Inquisitor. Call him one part Yoda, one part Rygel from Farscape, and one part machine gun.

I'll be working on background & description next. (Spoiler alert: He looks like a frog.)

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=681279

Blinkin

Lydia's in your box GW. Hope I got the scores right.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

ShadowFox89

Tentative interest as a Psion (telepath). Will post up more after I've read all the fluff.
Call me Shadow
My A/A